经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第514期
日期:2020-01-15 10:44

(单词翻译:单击)

"All men must die," said a voice quite close at hand;
“人总是要死的,”离我很近的一个声音说道:
"but all are not condemned to meet a lingering and premature doom, such as yours would be if you perished here of want."
“但并不是所有的人都注定要象你这样,慢悠悠受尽折磨而早死的,要是你就这么死于饥渴的话。”
"Who or what speaks?" I asked, terrified at the unexpected sound,
“是谁,或者什么东西在说话?”我问道,一时被突如其来的声音吓了一跳。
and incapable now of deriving from any occurrence a hope of aid.
此刻我不会对发生的任何事情寄予得救的希望。
A form was near -- what form, the pitch-dark night and my enfeebled vision prevented me from distinguishing.
一个影子移近了--究竟什么影子,漆黑的夜和衰弱的视力使我难以分辨。
With a loud long knock, the new-comer appealed to the door.
这位新来者在门上重重地长时间敲了起来。

经典文学《简·爱》

"Is it you, Mr. St. John?" cried Hannah.
“是你吗,圣·约翰先生?”汉娜叫道。
"Yes -- yes; open quickly."
“是呀--是呀,快开门。”
"Well, how wet and cold you must be, such a wild night as it is!
“哎呀,那么个狂风暴雨的夜晚,你准是又湿又感觉冷了:
Come in -- your sisters are quite uneasy about you, and I believe there are bad folks about.
进来吧--你妹妹们为你很担心,而且我相信附近有坏人。
There has been a beggar-woman -- I declare she is not gone yet! -- laid down there. Get up! for shame! Move off, I say!"
有一个女讨饭--我说她还没有走呢!躺在那里。快起来!真害臊!我说你走吧!”
"Hush, Hannah! I have a word to say to the woman.
“嘘,汉娜!我来对这女人说句话。
You have done your duty in excluding, now let me do mine in admitting her.
你已经尽了责把她关在门外,这会儿让我来尽我的责把她放进来。
I was near, and listened to both you and her.
我就在旁边,听了你也听了她说的。
I think this is a peculiar case -- I must at least examine into it.
我想这情况特殊--我至少得了解一下。
Young woman, rise, and pass before me into the house."
年轻的女人,起来吧,从我面前进屋去。”

分享到