经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第513期
日期:2020-01-14 09:01

(单词翻译:单击)

This was the climax. A pang of exquisite suffering -- a throe of true despair -- rent and heaved my heart.
这下子可是倒霉透顶了。一阵剧痛--彻底绝望的痛苦--充溢并撕裂了我的心。
Worn out, indeed, I was; not another step could I stir.
其实我已经衰弱不堪,就是再往前跨一步的力气都没有了。
I sank on the wet doorstep: I groaned -- I wrung my hands -- I wept in utter anguish.
我颓然倒在潮湿的门前台阶上。我呻吟着--绞着手--极度痛苦地哭了起来。
Oh, this spectre of death! Oh, this last hour, approaching in such horror!
呵,死亡的幽灵!呵,这最后的一刻来得那么恐怖!
Alas, this isolation -- this banishment from my kind!
哎呀,这种孤独--那么从自己同类中被撵走!

经典文学《简·爱》

Not only the anchor of hope, but the footing of fortitude was gone -- at least for a moment;
不要说希望之锚消失了,就连刚强精神立足的地方也不见了--至少有一会儿是这样,
but the last I soon endeavoured to regain.
但后一点,我马上又努力恢复了。
"I can but die," I said, "and I believe in God. Let me try to wait His will in silence."
“我只能死了,”我说,“而我相信上帝,让我试着默默地等待他的意志吧。”
These words I not only thought, but uttered;
这些话我不仅脑子里想了,而且还说出了口,
and thrusting back all my misery into my heart, I made an effort to compel it to remain there -- dumb and still.
我把一切痛苦又驱回心里,竭力强迫它留在那里,安安静静地不出声。

分享到