公众人物毕业演讲(MP3+字幕)第522期:麦勒迪·霍布森2015南加利福尼亚大学毕业演讲(6)
日期:2019-12-03 16:15

(单词翻译:单击)

演讲文本

You see, at college, you have a fair amount of control around your social interactions.
要知道,在大学里,你们还可以掌控不少自己的社交活动。
You can decide who to sit next to in class; you can decide who to room with.
你们可以决定课堂上跟谁坐在一起,可以决定与谁合住。
But I bet in the next chapter of your life you won't have much say about who's in the cubicle next to you at work.
但我敢说,在你们生活的下一个篇章中,对于谁在你旁边的隔间工作,你们不会有太多话语权。
And you might actually sit next to someone who you have absolutely nothing in common with.
实际上你可能会坐在与你完全没有共通点的人旁边。
And I actually think that's great.
而我真的认为那样很好。
It's so easy to get trapped in a self-selected subset of humanity.
人们很容易被困在自己所选的人际圈里。
Yes, it feels comfortable but it's also extraordinarily confining.
是的,这样感觉很舒服,但也极其受束缚。

麦勒迪·霍布森2015南加利福尼亚大学毕业演讲

There's a whole world out there: why limit ourselves?
整个世界就在那里:为什么要限制自己呢?
Make an effort to step outside of your circle.
努力走出你的圈子。
Do more than just accept diversity: seek out diversity.
不仅接受多样性,还要寻求多样性。
I promise, it will make you more interesting, more understanding, and just basically smarter.
我保证,这将使你更有趣、更善解人意,而且更聪明。
And here's another benefit:
还有一个好处:
when you have the courage to expand your world, you expand the entire world because tolerance scales.
当你鼓起勇气扩展自己的世界时,你也在扩展整个世界,因为包容会随之扩大。
Person by person, we can end stereotypes and remove barriers to opportunity.
这样一个人接着一个人,我们可以打破条条框框,消除阻挡机遇的障碍。
Although this change begins with awareness, it actually doesn't end there.
虽然这种变化始于意识,但实际上它并不会就此结束。
We need action. And the way to move from awareness to action: just add bravery.
我们需要行动。而将意识化为行动的方法就是:再勇敢点。

演讲视频

麦勒迪·霍布森2015南加利福尼亚大学毕业演讲。

分享到