串流转播在未来的娱乐中扮演什么角色
日期:2019-12-03 15:22

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

I am obsessed with forming healthy communities, and that's why I started Twitch
我很着迷于创造健康的社群,这也是为什么我创造了Twitch,
to help people watch other people play video games on the internet.
协助大家在网络上看其他人玩电子游戏。
Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
谢谢各位来听我的TED演讲。
So in seriousness, video games and communities truly are quite related.
说真的,电子游戏和社群关系很密切。
From our early human history, we made our entertainment together in small tribes.
从人类早期历史开始,我们就是以小部落的形式一起欢乐。
We shared stories around the campfire, we sang together, we danced together.
我们围着营火分享故事,我们一起唱歌,我们一起跳舞。
Our earliest entertainment was both shared and interactive.
我们最早期的娱乐是共享的,也是互动的。
It wasn't until pretty recently on the grand scale of human history
在整个漫长的人类历史中,一直要到最近期,
that interactivity took a back seat and broadcast entertainment took over.
互动性才让位到后座去,由广播娱乐接手。
Radio and records brought music into our vehicles, into our homes.
无线电台和唱片把音乐带到我们的车上、家中。
TV and VHS brought sports and drama into our living rooms.
电视和录像带把运动和戏剧带到我们的客厅里。
This access to broadcast entertainment was unprecedented.
现在大家能轻易地取得广播娱乐,这是前所未见的情况。
It gave people amazing content around the globe.
广播娱乐能将很棒的内容带给全球各地的人。
It created a shared culture for millions of people.
它为数百万人创造出共同的文化。
And now, if you want to go watch or listen to Mozart,
现在,如果你想要看或听莫扎特,
you don't have to buy an incredibly expensive ticket and find an orchestra.
你不用买非常贵的票,也不用去找交响乐团。
And if you like to sing -- I can show you the world -- then you have something in common with people around the world.
如果你想要唱歌--我能让你看见全世界--你和全世界各地的人有些共同点。
But with this amazing access, we allowed for a separation between creator and consumer,
但也因为取得容易,把创作者与消费者的距离拉开了,
and the relationship between the two became much more one-way.
两者之间的互动关系变得越来越单向。
We wound up in a world where we had a smaller class of professional creators and most of us became spectators,
过去我们活在一个专业创作者为数不多的世界里,大多数人成为了观众,
and as a result it became far easier for us to enjoy that content alone.
如此一来,个人能轻松享受这些内容。
There's a trend counteracting this: scarcity.
后来有一个相反的潮流产生:稀有性。
So, Vienna in the 1900s, was famous for its café culture.
20世纪第一个十年,维也纳的咖啡文化很有名。
And one of the big drivers of that café culture was expensive newspapers that were hard to get,
形成那种咖啡文化的重要成因之一就是很难取得的昂贵报纸,
and as a result, people would go to the café and read the shared copy there.
因此,大家会去咖啡厅共享那里的报纸。
And once they're in the cafe, they meet the other people also reading the same newspaper,
当他们到了咖啡厅,他们就会遇见其他也在阅读同一份报纸的人,
they converse, they exchange ideas and they form a community.
他们会交谈,他们会交换想法,他们会形成社群。
In a similar way, TV and cable used to be more expensive, and so you might not watch the game at home.
同样的,过去,电视机和有线电视比较昂贵,所以你可能不会在家中看比赛。
Instead you'd go to the local bar and cheer along with your fellow sports fans there.
你会去当地的酒吧,和其他迷运动的伙伴们一起举杯。
But as the price of media continues to fall over time thanks to technology,
但因为科技进步,媒体的价格随时间一直下降,
this shared necessity that used to bring our communities together falls away.
过去形成我们社群的这种共同必要性渐渐消失。
We have so many amazing options for our entertainment,
我们有好多很棒的娱乐选择,
and yet it's easier than ever for us to wind up consuming those options alone.
现在也比以前更容易独自一人去消费这些选择。
Our communities are bearing the consequences.
承受后果的就是我们的社群。
For example, the number of people who report having at least two close friends is at an all-time low.
比如,认为自己有至少两名亲密好友的人数达到史上最低。
I believe that one of the major contributing causes to this is that our entertainment today allows us to be separate.
我相信,这背后的主要成因之一就是现今的娱乐容许我们分离。
There is one trend reversing this atomization of our society: modern multiplayer video games.
有一个趋势在反转这种社会的分化:现今的多玩家型的电子游戏。
Games are like a shared campfire. They're both interactive and connecting.
游戏就像是共享的营火。游戏既是互动性的也有连结性。
Now these campfires may have beautiful animations, heroic quests, occasionally too many loot boxes,
这些营火可能有很漂亮的动画、英雄旅程、偶尔有过多的战利品箱,
but games today are very different than the solitary activity of 20 years ago.
但现今的游戏和二十年前的个人活动非常不同。
They're deeply complex, they're more intellectually stimulating, and most of all, they're intrinsically social.
现今的游戏很复杂,在智力上更具有刺激性了,最重要的,它们具有社交的本质。
One of the recent breakout genres exemplifying this change is the battle royale.
最近一种爆红的游戏类型就放大了这项变革,那就是大逃杀类的游戏。
100 people parachute onto an island in a last-man-standing competition.
一百个人被丢到一个岛屿上,参与杀到最后只剩一个人的竞赛。
Think of it as being kind of like "American Idol," but with a lot more fighting and a lot less Simon Cowell.
可以把它想成是《美国偶像》,只是有更多打斗,更少的评西蒙·高维尔。
You may have heard of "Fortnite," which is a breakout example of the battle royale genre,
你可能听过《堡垒之夜》,它就是大逃杀游戏的爆红例子,
which has been played by more than 250 million people around the world.
全世界玩过这个游戏的玩家有两亿五千万人。
It's everyone from kids in your neighborhood to Drake and Ellen DeGeneres.
大家都在玩,从你街坊的孩子,到德瑞克和艾伦·德詹尼丝。
2.3 billion people in the world play video games.
全世界有二十三亿人玩电子游戏。
Early games like "Tetris" and "Mario" may have been simple puzzles or quests,
早期的《俄罗斯方块》和《超级玛莉》可能只是简单的解谜或破关,
but with the rise of arcades and then internet play,
但随着大型街机出现,接着是网络游戏,
and now massively multiplayer games of huge, thriving online communities,
现在则是不断成长的大型在线社群所玩的大规模多玩家游戏,
games have emerged as the one form of entertainment where consumption truly requires human connection.
电子游戏这种娱乐形式的消费,已经演变成了真正需要人类连结的消费。
So this brings us to streaming.
这就把我们带到了串流。
Why do people stream themselves playing video games?
为什么大家会用串流转播自己玩电子游戏的过程?
And why do hundreds of millions of people around the world congregate to watch them?
为什么全世界有数亿人会集合起来看这些串流?
I want you all the imagine for second
我想请大家想象一下,
imagine you land on an alien planet, and on this planet, there's a giant green rectangle.
想象你降落在一个外星球上,在这个星球上,有一块巨大的绿色矩形。
And in this green rectangle, aliens in matching outfits
在这块绿色矩形中,穿着一致服装的外星人,
are trying to push a checkered sphere between two posts using only their feet.
只能用脚试图将一颗方格球体推到两根柱子之间。
It's pretty evenly matched, so the ball is just going back and forth,
他们势均力敌,所以球只是来来回回,
but there's hundreds of millions of people watching from home anyway,
但还是有数亿人从家中在观看,
and cheering and getting excited and engaged right along with them.
他们会和这些球员一起欢呼、兴奋、投入。
Now I grew up watching sports with my dad, so I get why soccer is entertaining and engaging.
我成长过程都在和我父亲一起看球赛,我能了解为什么足球很有娱乐性和吸引力。
But if you don't watch sports, maybe you like watching "Dancing with the Stars" or you enjoy "Top Chef."
但如果你不看运动比赛,也许你喜欢看《与星共舞》或喜欢《顶尖主厨大对决》。
Regardless, the principle is the same.
不论如何,原则都是一样的。
If there is an activity that you really enjoy,
如果有一项你真的很喜欢的活动,
you're probably going to like watching other people do it with skill and panache.
你可能也会喜欢看其他有技能又做得不错的人所做的影片。
It might be perplexing to an alien, but bonding over shared passion is a human universal.
对外星人来说可能会觉得很困惑,但聚在一起分享热情,是人类的普遍现象。
So gamers grew up expecting this live, interactive entertainment,
所以,玩家长大后就一直期待这种实况的、互动的娱乐,
and passive consumption just doesn't feel as fulfilling.
被动式的消费已无法满足他们。
That's why livestreaming has taken off with video games.
这也是为什么串流直播和电子游戏会一同起飞。
Because livestreaming offers that same kind of interactive feeling.
因为串流直播提供了同样的互动感。
So when you imagine what's happening on Twitch, I don't want you to think of a million livestreams of video games.
当各位在想象Twitch上的状况时,我希望各位不要想象一百万场电子游戏的串流直播。
Instead, what I want you to picture is millions of campfires.
我希望各位想象的是一百万个营火。
Some of them are bonfires -- huge, roaring bonfires with hundreds of thousands of people around them.
有些还是篝火--大型的熊熊篝火,有几十万人围在旁边。
Some of them are smaller, more intimate community gatherings where everyone knows your name.
有些则比较小,更像是亲密的社群聚会,大家都知道彼此的名字。
Let's try taking a seat by one of those campfires right now. Hey Cohh, how's it going?
咱们现在就来试试在其中一个营火旁边找位置坐下。嘿,柯尔,你好吗?
Hey, how's it going, Emmett?
嘿,你好吗,艾米特?
So I'm here at TED with about 1,000 of my closest friends,
我在TED,旁边有大约一千个好朋友,
and we thought we'd come and join you guys for a little stream.
我们想要加入你们,看看串流。
Awesome! It's great to hear from you guys.
好极了!很高兴见到大家。
So Cohh, can you share with the TED audience here -- what have you learned about your community on Twitch?
所以,柯尔,你能不能和TED观众分享一下--对于你的Twitch社群,你有什么想法?

串流转播在未来的娱乐中扮演什么角色

Ah, man, where to begin? I've been doing this for over five years now,
啊,要从何说起?我在这里已经超过五年了,
and if there's one thing that doesn't cease to impress me on the daily,
有一样东西,每天都仍然会让我感到惊奇,
it's just kind of how incredible this whole thing is for communication.
那就是这个平台在沟通方面有多不可思议。
I've been playing games for 20 years of my life, I've led online MMO guilds for over 10,
我一生中玩电子游戏的时间已有二十年,领导大型多人在线游戏团体超过十年,
and it's the kind of thing where there's very few places in life where you can go to meet so many people with similar interests.
在人生中,很少有这样的地方,可以遇到这么多有共同兴趣的人。
I was listening in a bit earlier; I love the campfire analogy, I actually use a similar one.
我刚有听一下演讲,我喜欢营火的比喻,我的比喻也类似。
I see it all as a bunch of people on a big couch but only one person has the controller.
我把它视为一群人坐在一张大型沙发上,但只有一个人有遥控器。
So it's kind of like a "Pass the snack!" situation, you know?
有点像是“把零食传过来!”的情况。
700 people that way -- but it's great and really it's just...
七百个人那样子--但很棒,那就是...
So Cohh, what is going on in chat right now? Can you explain that a little bit to us?
所以,柯尔,现在聊天室那边的状况如何?能跟大家稍微解释吗?
Because my eyesight isn't that good but I see a lot of emotes.
我的视力不够好,但我看到很多图释。
So this is my community; this is the Cohhilition. I stream every single day.
这是我的社群;叫做Cohhilition。我每天都做串流播放。
I actually just wrapped up a 2,000-day challenge,
我其实刚完成了连续两千天的挑战,
and as such, we have developed a pretty incredible community here in the channel.
我们在这个频道发展出了一个很了不起的社群。
Right now we have about 6200 people with us.
现在约有六千两百人与我们同在。
What you're seeing is a spam of "Hello, TED" good-vibe emotes, love emotes, "this is awesome," "Hi, guys," "Hi, everyone."
各位看见的是大家在狂发“哈啰,TED”、正面图释、爱心符号、“这好赞”、“嗨,各位”、“嗨,大家好”。
Basically just a huge collection of people -- huge collection of gamers that are all just experiencing a positive event together.
基本上就是一大票人--一大票玩家,都在一起经历一个很正面的活动。
So is there anything that -- can we poll chat? I want ask chat a question.
所以有没有--我们能在聊天中做调查吗?我想在聊天中问问题。
Is there anything that chat would like the world, and particularly these people here with me at TED right now,
聊天中的人愿不愿意告诉世界,特别是现在在TED的这些人,
to know about what they get out of playing video games and being part of this community?
谈谈他们玩电子游戏以及成为社群的一部分能让他们得到什么?
Oh, wow. I am already starting to see a lot of answers here.
喔,哇。我已经看到一大堆答案了。
"I like the good vibes." "Best communities are on Twitch." "They get us through the rough patches in life."
“我喜欢正面情绪。”“最好的社群都在Twitch上。”“能协助我们度过人生的辛苦时刻。”
Oh, that's a message I definitely see a lot on Twitch, which is very good.
喔,我在Twitch常常看到这种信息,这是好事。
"A very positive community," "a lot of positivity," which is pretty great.
“一个非常正面的社群。”“很多正能量。”这也很好。
So Cohh, before I get back to my TED talk, which I actually should probably get back to doing at some point...
所以,柯尔,在我回到我的TED演讲之前,我也差不多该回去了...
Do you have anything else that you want to share with me
还有什么你想要和我分享的吗,
or any question you wanted to ask, you've always wanted to get out there before an audience?
或者有没有什么你一直想要问一群观众的问题?
Honestly, not too much. I mean, I absolutely love what you're doing right now.
老实说,没什么。我真的很喜欢你现在在做的事。
I think that the interactive streaming is the big unexplored frontier of the future in entertainment,
我认为交互式串流是未来娱乐界中一个尚未探索的重要边境,
and thank you for doing everything you're doing up there.
谢谢你在那里所做的一切。
The more people that hear about what you do, the better -- for everyone on here.
越多人能听到你所做的这些,对这上面的人就越好。
Awesome, Cohh. Thanks so much. I'm going to get back to giving this talk now, but we should catch up later. Sounds great!
好极了,柯尔。非常谢谢。我要继续回到演讲了,之后再聊。没问题!
So that was a new way to interact.
所以,这是互动的新方式。
We could influence what happened on the stream, we could cocreate the experience along with him,
我们能够影响在串流中所发生的事,我们能够和他人一起共同创造体验,
and we really had a multiplayer experience with chat and with Cohh.
我们也和聊天室的人及柯尔有了多玩家的体验。
At Twitch, we've started calling this, as a result, "multiplayer entertainment."
因此,在Twitch,我们开始将之称为“多玩家娱乐”。
Because going from watching a video alone to watching a live interactive stream
因为,从独自观看影片,变成观看交互式串流直播,
is similar to the difference between going from playing a single-player game to playing a multiplayer game.
这差别,就像是从玩单一玩家游戏变成玩多玩家游戏。
Gamers are often as the forefront of exploration in new technology.
游戏玩家通常都是在探索新科技的最前线。
Microcomputers, for example, were used early on for video games,
比如,微电脑早期是用在电玩游戏上的,
and the very first handheld, digital mass-market devices weren't cell phones, they were Gameboys... for video games.
并且最早的手持数字大众市场装置并不是手机,而是Gameboy游戏机。
And as a result, one way that you can get a hint of what the future might hold is
因此,若你想知道未来是怎样的,其中一个方式就是
to look to this fun, interactive sandbox of video games and ask yourself, "what are these gamers doing today?"
研究这些有趣的、互动的、测试版的电玩游戏,并问问你自己:“现今这些游戏玩家在做什么?”
And that might give you a hint as to what the future is going to hold for all of us.
那可能能给你一点线索,了解我们大家的未来会是怎样的。
One of the things we're already seeing on Twitch is multiplayer entertainment coming to sports.
在Twitch我们已经看到的其中一个现象就是多玩家娱乐进入了运动领域。
So, Twitch and the NFL teamed up to offer livestreaming football,
所以,Twitch和全国橄榄球联盟合作,提供橄榄球串流直播,
but instead of network announcers in suits streaming the game,
但不是穿西装的网络播报员用串流直播比赛,
we got Twitch users to come in and stream it themselves on their own channel
我们是让Twitch使用者来做,让他们用自己的频道来进行串流直播,
and interact with their community and make it a real multiplayer experience.
和他们的社群互动,让它成为真正的多玩家体验。
So I actually think that if you look out into the future -- only hundreds of people today get to be sports announcers.
所以,我真的认为,如果你展望未来--现今只有几百个人可以当运动播报员。
It's a tiny, tiny number of people who have that opportunity.
有那种机会的人数非常非常少。
But sports are about to go multiplayer, and that means that anyone who wants to around the world
但运动就要向多玩家迈进了,也就是说,全世界的任何人,只要想要,
is going to get the opportunity to become a sports announcer, to give it a shot.
就可以有机会成为运动播报员,可以去试着做看看。
And I think that's going to unlock incredible amounts of new talent for all of us.
我认为这将为我们所有人解锁不可思议的新人才。
And we're not going to be asking, "Did you catch the game?"
我们将来也不会问:“你有看到比赛吗?”
Instead, we're going to be asking, "Whose channel did you catch the game on?"
我们会改问:“你是在谁的频道上看比赛?”
We already see this happening with cooking, with singing -- we even see people streaming welding.
我们已经在烹饪类和唱歌领域类看到这个现象了--我们甚至看过有人用串流转播焊接。
And all of this stuff is going to happen around the metaphorical campfire.
所有这一切,未来都将会像营火的比喻一样逐渐发生。
There's going to be millions of these campfires lit over the next few years.
在接下来的几年,会有数百万个营火被点燃。
And on every topic, you're going to be able to find a campfire that will allow you to bond with your people around the world.
针对任何主题,你都可以找到相关的营火,让你能够和全世界的伙伴连结。
For most of human history, entertainment was simply multiplayer.
在人类历史中有极长的时间,娱乐就是多玩家的。
We sang together in person, we shared news together in the town square in person,
我们一起唱歌、一起在小镇广场上分享新闻,
and somewhere along the way, that two-way conversation turned into a one-way transmission.
在过程中的某个时点,我们从双向的对话转变成了单向的传输。
As someone who cares about communities,
身为在乎社群的人,
I am excited for a world where our entertainment could connect us instead of isolating us.
我很兴奋,希望在将来的世界中,娱乐能够将我们连结起来,而不是孤立我们。
A world where we can bond with each other over our shared interests and create real, strong communities.
这个世界能够用我们共同的兴趣将我们连结在一起,创造出真正的、稳固的社群。
Games, streams and the interactions they encourage,
游戏、串流、互动,所带来的激励,
are only just beginning to turn the wheel back to our interactive, community-rich, multiplayer past.
都只是开端,才刚开始将转轮反转,转向过去那种交互式、充满社群的多玩家娱乐。
Thank you all for sharing this experience here with me, and may you all find your best campfire.
谢谢各位和我共享这段经历,祝大家都能找到自己最棒的营火。

分享到