经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第479期
日期:2019-11-14 08:33

(单词翻译:单击)

So I answered after I had waked from the trance-like dream.
从恍恍惚惚的睡梦中醒来后我作出了回答。
It was yet night, but July nights are short: soon after midnight, dawn comes.
时候依然还是夜间,但七月的夜很短,午夜过后不久,黎明便到来了。
"It cannot be too early to commence the task I have to fulfil," thought I.
“我怎么着手该做的工作都不会嫌早的,”我想。
I rose: I was dressed; for I had taken off nothing but my shoes.
我从床上爬起来,身上穿着衣服,因为除了鞋子我什么也没脱。
I knew where to find in my drawers some linen, a locket, a ring.
我知道该在抽屉的哪个角落找到内衣,一个挂件和一只戒指。
In seeking these articles, I encountered the beads of a pearl necklace Mr. Rochester had forced me to accept a few days ago.
在找寻这些东西时,我看到了罗切斯特先生几天前硬要我收下的一串珍珠项链。
I left that; it was not mine: it was the visionary bride's who had melted in air.
我把它留了下来,这不是我的,却属于那位已幻化的梦境中的新娘。

经典文学《简·爱》

The other articles I made up in a parcel; my purse, containing twenty shillings (it was all I had), I put in my pocket:
我把其余的东西打进一个包裹里;钱包里还有二十先令(我的全部家产),我把它放进了口袋。
I tied on my straw bonnet, pinned my shawl,
我系好草帽,别上披肩,
took the parcel and my slippers, which I would not put on yet, and stole from my room.
拿了包裹和那双没有穿上的拖鞋,悄悄地出了房间,
"Farewell, kind Mrs. Fairfax!" I whispered, as I glided past her door.
“再见了,善良的费尔法克斯太太!”我溜过她门口时悄声说。
"Farewell, my darling Adèle!" I said, as I glanced towards the nursery.
“再见了,我可爱的阿黛勒!”我向育儿室瞥了一眼说。
No thought could be admitted of entering to embrace her.
已不允许我有进去拥抱她一下的念头了。
I had to deceive a fine ear: for aught I knew it might now be listening.
我得骗过那双很尖的耳朵、也许此刻正在侧耳细听呢。

分享到