经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第472期
日期:2019-11-05 10:18

(单词翻译:单击)

A wild look raised his brows -- crossed his features: he rose; but he forebore yet.
一个狂野的神色使他双眉直竖--那神色掠过他的脸庞。他站了起来,但又忍下了。
I laid my hand on the back of a chair for support: I shook, I feared -- but I resolved.
我把手靠在椅背上撑住自己,我颤抖,我害怕--但我很镇定。
"One instant, Jane. Give one glance to my horrible life when you are gone.
“等一下,简。你走之前,再看一眼我那可怕的生活。
All happiness will be torn away with you. What then is left?
你一走,一切幸福也就被夺走了。然后留下了什么呢?
For a wife I have but the maniac upstairs: as well might you refer me to some corpse in yonder churchyard.
作为妻子,我只有一个疯子在楼上,你还不如把我同墓地里的死尸扯在一起。
What shall I do, Jane? Where turn for a companion and for some hope?"
我该怎么办,简?哪儿去找伙伴,哪儿还能寻觅希望?”
"Do as I do: trust in God and yourself. Believe in heaven. Hope to meet again there."
“像我一样办吧,相信上帝和你自己,相信上天,希望在那儿再次见到你。”

经典文学《简·爱》

"Then you will not yield?" "No."
“那你不改变主意了?”“不。”
"Then you condemn me to live wretched and to die accursed?" His voice rose.
“那你判我活着受罪,死了挨骂吗?”他提高了嗓门。
"I advise you to live sinless, and I wish you to die tranquil."
“我劝你活得清白,希望你死得安宁。”
"Then you snatch love and innocence from me? You fling me back on lust for a passion -- vice for an occupation?"
“那你就把爱情和纯洁从我这里夺走了?你把我推回老路,拿肉欲当爱情--以作恶为职业?”
"Mr. Rochester, I no more assign this fate to you than I grasp at it for myself.
“罗切斯特先生,我没有把这种命运强加给你,就像我自己不会把它当作我的命运一样。
We were born to strive and endure -- you as well as I: do so. You will forget me before I forget you."
我们生来就是苦难和忍受的,你我都一样,就这么去做吧。我还没有忘掉,你就会先忘掉我。”

分享到