公众人物毕业演讲(MP3+字幕)第501期:蒂姆·库克2015华盛顿大学毕业演讲(8)
日期:2019-10-25 17:33

(单词翻译:单击)

演讲文本

As I said, I am a proud son of the South. It's my home, and I will always love it.
正如我所说的,我是一个骄傲的南方孩子。那里是我的家,我将永远爱它。
But for the last 17 years I've built a life in Silicon Valley; it's a special place.
但17年来,我已经在硅谷建立了生活,这是一个特别的地方。
The kind of place where there's no problem that can't be solved.
一个没有不能解决的问题的地方。
No matter how difficult or complex, that's part of its essential quality. A very sincere sort of optimism.
无论问题有多么困难或复杂,这是这个地方的基本特性之一。一种很真诚的乐观。
Back in the 90s, Apple ran an advertising campaign we called "Think Different."
早在90年代,苹果进行了一场广告宣传活动,我们称之为“不同凡想”。
It was pretty simple. Every ad was a photograph of one of our heroes.
活动非常简单。每个伟人的一张照片就是一个广告。
People who had the audacity to challenge and change the way we all live.
勇于大胆挑战的人改变了我们生活的方式。
People like Gandhi and Jackie Robinson, Martha Graham and Albert Einstein, Amelia Earhart and Miles Davis.
一些像甘地和杰基·罗宾森,玛莎·格雷厄姆和阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦,爱蜜莉亚·埃尔哈特和迈尔斯·戴维斯这样的人。
These people still inspire us. They remind us to live by our deepest values and reach for our highest aspirations.
这些人至今仍激励着我们。他们提醒我们以自己最深信的价值观为生,实现我们最高的目标。
They make us believe that anything is possible.
他们让我们相信,一切皆有可能。
A friend of mine at Apple likes to say the best way to solve a problem
我一个在苹果公司的朋友总喜欢说,解决问题的最好方法
is to walk into a room full of Apple engineers and proclaim, "this is impossible."
就是走进满是苹果工程师的屋子里宣告:“这是不可能的。”
I can tell you, they will not accept that. And neither should you.
我可以告诉你,他们不会接受,你也不应该。
So that's the one thing I'd like to bring to you all the way from Cupertino, California.
这就是我从大老远的库比蒂诺,加利福尼亚跑来想与你们分享的一件事。
The idea that great progress is possible, whatever line of work you choose.
这个信念:无论你从事哪个行业,给它带去伟大的进步是可能的事情。
There will always be cynics and critics on the sidelines tearing people down,
总会受到局外愤世嫉俗者和批评家想要击溃我们,
and just as harmful are those people with good intentions who make no contribution at all.
他们对社会的毒害与那些有善意的但并无任何贡献的人一样。

蒂姆·库克2015华盛顿大学毕业演讲

In his letter from the Birmingham jail, Dr. King wrote that our society needed to repent,
从伯明翰监狱寄出的信中,金博士写道,我们的社会需要悔改,
not merely for the hateful words of the bad people, but for the appalling silence of the good people.
不只是那些可恶的坏人,还有那些可怕的沉默的好人。
The sidelines are not where you want to live your life.
置身事外不是你想要的生活。
The world needs you in the arena. There are problems that need to be solved.
世界需要你在这个舞台上,那里有需要解决的问题。
Injustices that need to be ended. People that are still being persecuted, diseases still in need of cure.
不公需要结束。人们仍在遭受迫害,疾病仍需要治愈。
No matter what you do next, the world needs your energy, your passion, your impatience with progress.
不管你做什么,这个世界需要你的能量,你的激情,你对进步的渴望。
Don't shrink from risk. And tune out those critics and cynics.
不要回避风险。无视那些愤世嫉俗者和吹毛求疵的人。
History rarely yields to one person, but think, and never forget, what happens when it does.
历史很少屈服于个人,但试想当它实现的时候会是什么样子,不要忘记这种感受。
That can be you. That should be you. That must be you.
历史屈服的对象可以是你。应该是你。必须是你。
Congratulations Class of 2015. I'd like to take one photo of you, because this is the best view in the world.
祝贺2015届。我想拍一张你们的照片,因为这是世界上最好的风景。
And it's a great one. Thank you very much.
它很伟大。非常感谢。

演讲视频

苹果CEO库克华盛顿大学致2015毕业生演讲。


分享到