公众人物毕业演讲(MP3+字幕)第495期:蒂姆·库克2015华盛顿大学毕业演讲(2)
日期:2019-10-16 19:06

(单词翻译:单击)

演讲文本

In the summer of 1977, yes, I'm a little old,
在1977年的夏天,是的,我有点老,
I was 16 years old and living in Robertsdale, the small town in southern Alabama that I grew up in.
我16岁,住在罗伯茨代尔,我在美国阿拉巴马州南部的小镇长大。
At the end of my junior year of high school I'd won an essay contest sponsored by the National Rural Electric Association.
我在高中三年级的时候赢得了由全国农村电力协会赞助的论文竞赛。
I can't remember what the essay was about,
我不记得这篇文章是关于什么,
what I do remember very clearly is writing it by hand, draft after draft after draft.
但我记得很清楚它是手写的,打了一遍又一遍的草稿。
Typewriters were very expensive and my family could not afford one.
打字机非常昂贵,我的家庭负担不起。

蒂姆·库克2015华盛顿大学毕业演讲

I was one of two kids from Baldwin County that was chosen to go to Washington along with hundreds of other kids across the country.
我是鲍德温县两个被选中的孩子之一,和全国数以百计的其他孩子被选去华盛顿。
Before we left, the Alabama delegation took a trip to our state capitol in Montgomery for a meeting with the governor.
在我们离开之前,阿拉巴马州代表团去了趟我们在蒙哥马利的州议会大厦,会见了州长。
The governor's name was George C. Wallace.
州长叫做乔治·华莱士。
The same George Wallace who in 1963 stood in the schoolhouse door at the University of Alabama to block African Americans from enrolling.
1963年,乔治·华莱士站在阿拉巴马大学校舍门阻止非洲裔美国人入学。
Wallace embraced the evils of segregation.
华莱士奉行邪恶的种族隔离主义。
He pitted whites against blacks, the South against the North, the working class against the so?called elites.
他让白人对抗黑人,南方对抗北方,工人阶级对抗所谓的精英。
Meeting my governor was not an honor for me.
与州长会面对我而言并非荣誉。

演讲视频

苹果CEO库克华盛顿大学致2015毕业生演讲。


分享到