BBC纪录片地平线《彻底隔离》第2期:对实验的忧虑
日期:2019-10-15 11:42

(单词翻译:单击)

Six people will leave their homes, jobs and friends,
六个人将会离开他们的家庭、工作和朋友。
to take part in research which for the past 40 years has been too controversial to undertake.
来参与一项过去40年因争议过大而无法进行的实验。
My fear is that I will start to lose my mind having nothing to do.
我担心会因长时间无事可做而失去理智。
I can see meself pacing round the room
我肯定会在房间里到处踱步,
and getting frustrated that I can't actually go anywhere, that I've got to stay in one place for 48 hours.
然后一想到48小时都不能出去,得呆在同一个地方,会越来越烦躁。

BBC纪录片地平线《彻底隔离》

Initially I wasn't that concerned, but as the date approaches,
刚开始时我没太在意,但随着日期临近,
I find I'm feeling little ripples of trepidation.
我开始有一阵阵的恐惧感。
I've no idea how I'll be. I've no idea.
我不知道我会变成怎么样。我不知道。
Maybe 48 hours in the dark's just what I need.
也许我就想试试48小时在黑暗中的感觉。
This disused nuclear bunker is the setting for a piece of research
这处弃用的核掩体是一项研究的实验环境,
which is designed to study what happens to the brain when it's deprived of stimulation.
该研究旨在观察大脑被剥夺感官后会出现什么现象。
In charge is Professor Ian Robins,
实验负责人是伊恩·罗宾斯教授,
the man who treated some of the British Guantanamo detainees when they were released.
他曾治疗过一些获释的英籍关塔那摩囚犯。
He's one of the country's leading experts in treating the victims of solitary confinement and torture.
他的专长在英国业界数一数二,治疗经受过长时间单独囚禁和折磨的人士。

分享到
重点单词
  • solitaryadj. 孤独的,独立的,单个的,唯一的,荒凉的 n.
  • initiallyadv. 最初,开头
  • stimulationn. 刺激,激励,鼓舞
  • concernedadj. 担忧的,关心的
  • settingn. 安装,放置,周围,环境,(为诗等谱写的)乐曲 动词
  • confinementn. 拘禁,限制,分娩
  • controversialadj. 引起争论的,有争议的
  • trepidationn. 恐惧,惊惶,忧虑