经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第439期
日期:2019-09-12 09:01

(单词翻译:单击)

"Concealing the mad-woman's neighbourhood from you,
“然而,把疯女人的住处瞒着你,
however, was something like covering a child with a cloak and laying it down near a upas-tree:
不过是像用斗篷把一个孩子盖起来,把它放在一棵箭毒树旁边,
that demon's vicinage is poisoned, and always was.
那魔鬼把四周都毒化了,而只毒气不散,
But I'll shut up Thornfield Hall: I'll nail up the front door and board the lower windows:
不过我将关闭桑菲尔德府,我要用钉子封住前门,用板条盖没矮窗。
I'll give Mrs. Poole two hundred a year to live here with my wife, as you term that fearful hag:
我要给普尔太太二百英镑一年,让她同我的妻子--你称之为可怕的女巫,一起生活。

经典文学《简·爱》

Grace will do much for money, and she shall have her son, the keeper at Grimsby Retreat, to bear her company
只要给钱,格雷斯愿意干很多事,而且她可以让她在格里姆斯比收容所看门的儿子来作伴,
and be at hand to give her aid in the paroxysms,
格雷斯身边好歹也有个帮手,
when my wife is prompted by her familiar to burn people in their beds at night,
我的妻子发作的时候,譬如受妖精的启发要把人们夜晚烧死在床上,
to stab them, to bite their flesh from their bones, and so on..."
用刀刺他们,从骨头上把肉咬下来的时候...”
"Sir," I interrupted him, "you are inexorable for that unfortunate lady:
“先生,”我打断他说,“对那个不幸的女人来说,你实在冷酷无情。
you speak of her with hate -- with vindictive antipathy. It is cruel -- she cannot help being mad."
你一谈起她就恨恨地--势不两立。那很残酷--她发疯也是身不由己的。”

分享到