(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
Caitland: How are you planning on getting to school and to your job without a car?
凯特兰:你打算怎样在没有车的情况下上学和上班?
Bruno: I’ve got it covered. I have my skateboard.
布鲁诺:我已经搞定了 。我有滑板 。
Caitland: Your skateboard won’t be any use on those dirt roads.
凯特兰:你的滑板在土路上就没招儿了吧 。
Bruno: No big thing. I’ll just take my bike.
布鲁诺:没什么大不了 。我可以骑自行车 。
Caitland: Your bike was stolen, along with your rollerblades, remember?
凯特兰:你的自行车和溜冰鞋都被偷了,还记得吗?
Bruno: Oh, yeah. Maybe I’ll save up and buy a Segway.
布鲁诺:对哦 。也许我能存点钱再买辆赛格威 。
Caitland: Those things are really expensive. What’ll you do in the meantime?
凯特兰:那些东西贵的要命 。那这期间你要怎么应付?
Bruno: Maybe I’ll take the bus. Worst case scenario, I give myself more time and I walk. Why are you so interested in how I’m going to commute? Fess up.
布鲁诺:也许我会乘公共汽车出行 。最坏的情况是,我提前出门,然后步行去 。你为什么对我的通勤方式这么感兴趣?老实交代 。
Caitland: I care about your well-being, that’s all.
凯特兰:我只是关心你罢了 。
Bruno: Oh, yeah? I don’t buy it. There’s got to be an ulterior motive.
布鲁诺:噢,是吗?我不相信 。你一定别有用心 。
Caitland: Well, I do have an old scooter that would be just what you need to get back and forth from school and work. It uses very little gas and I’ll let you have it for next to nothing.
凯特兰:嗯,是这样,我有一辆旧滑板车,刚好方便你上学和上班 。这个滑板用气很少,我可以“白菜价”给你 。
Bruno: I knew it. You’re trying to pawn off that old scooter on me. Forget it!
布鲁诺:无事献殷勤 。你是想把那辆旧滑板卖给我 。想都别想!
Caitland: I’m just looking out for your best interest, that’s all.
凯特兰:我只是为你着想,仅此而已 。
Bruno: Isn’t that what all con artists say?
布鲁诺:骗子不都是这套说辞么?
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载
重点讲解
1.No big thing 不是大问题
Seeing into the past turns out to be no big thing for astronomers.
对天文学家来说,回望过去不是什么难事 。
2.con artists 骗子
He was skinned of all his money by con artists.
他所有的钱都被骗子骗走了 。
3.get back and forth 来回走动
Mostly I'll just be using it to get me back and forth from work.
我只是想买一辆能骑着来回上班的就得了 。
4.save up 储蓄;攒钱
Living at home allows me to save up some money before I started finding a place.
在我开始找个地方住之前,住在家里可以让我节约一些钱 。