英语PK台(MP3+文本) 第1011期:跟《老友记》学美语(41)
日期:2019-09-06 09:40

(单词翻译:单击)

地点:莫妮卡公寓
人物:钱德勒,菲比,瑞秋,罗斯
事件:钱德勒花费了很多精力为乔伊的女朋友凯西买到了一本非常珍贵的书,打算送给她当作生日礼物,众人都明白了钱德勒的别有用心。


剧情片段
Chandler: Hi. You guys have any wrapping paper①?
钱德勒:(手里拿着一个礼物,推门进来)嗨,你们有包装纸吗?
Phoebe: Oh! Is it for my birthday present?
菲比:哦!是为我准备的生日礼物吗?
Chandler: Pheebs, it was your birthday, like, months ago.
钱德勒:菲比,你的生日好像是好几个月之前的事情了。
Phoebe: Yeah, but remember you said you ordered something special, and it just hadn’t come yet?1
菲比:是的,但是你应该记得,你答应过要送我一些特别的东西,但是现在还没有出现。
Chandler: Well, I have a call in② about that.
钱德勒:(被揭了短,连忙为自己打圆场)好的,我正给你准备着呢。
Phoebe: OK.
菲比:好啊。
Chandler: Actually, this is for Kathy’s birthday. It’s an early edition of her favorite book.
钱德勒:实际上,这是为凯茜准备的生日礼物。这是她最喜欢的书的早期版本。
Rachel: Oh, The Velveteen Rabbit③! Oh my God, when the boy’s love makes the rabbit real!
瑞秋:哦,《棉绒兔》!我的天,男孩的爱会把它变成真兔子!(说着,瑞秋用手去拿它)
Chandler: Okay, but don’t touch it, because your fingers have destructive oils.
钱德勒:好的,但不要碰它,你手指上有油。
Rachel: Huh. Well, then you’d better keep it away from④ Ross’s hair.2 So this is pretty rare. How did you get that?
瑞秋:呵,好,那你最好让它离罗斯的头发远点。(一旁的罗斯听到很无奈地愣了一下,没有说话)话说这应该非常难找吧,你怎么弄到的啊?
Chandler: Oh, it wasn’t a big deal⑤.I just went to a couple of bookstores, talked to a couple of dealers... called a couple of the author’s grandchildren. 3
钱德勒:哦,也不算什么大事。我只是跑了几家书店,问了几个书商……给作者的孙子打了几个电话。
Rachel: Oh, honey, that’s so sweet⑥.
瑞秋:哦,亲爱的,好贴心啊。
Phoebe: Yeah, and what a great way to say, “I secretly love you, roommate’s girlfriend!” 4
菲比:对,而且是用一个伟大的方式去表明:“我暗恋你,室友的女朋友!”

分享到