BBC纪录片地平线《地球劫难日》第23期:格陵兰岩层
日期:2019-09-04 16:24

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

We were astounded by just how much, how much cliff there was to examine.
我们都很吃惊竟然要测定这么宽的崖壁。
The whole Permian extinction story seemed to be spread through tens of meters of cliff,
看起来这几十米的崖壁应该包含二叠纪生物大灭绝的完整故事,
and the fossils that we could collect were showing us a beautiful detailed story
收集到的化石能讲述更详细的故事情节,
that was telling us a lot more than we'd known previously about the timing of what was going on at this time.
告诉我们先前不知道的关于这一时期的更多信息。
Even to the naked eye, one thing was blindingly obvious.
即使用肉眼观察,有一点是显而易见的。
The meteor theorists had got the timing wrong.
天体碰撞论在时间上大错特错。

BBC纪录片地平线《地球劫难日》

The Greenland rock showed that the extinction had been a gradual event.
格陵兰的岩层表明大灭绝是一个渐进的过程。
In fact, it appeared to drag on for tens of thousand of years.
事实上它显然延续了数万年。
We could see that the extinction wasn't occurring instantaneously,
我们看到大灭绝并不是突然发生的,
but in fact was spread over several, a certain amount of rock,
事实上它分布于好几个岩层,
so we could see it was being spread over a certain amount of time.
可见它一定持续了较长的一段时间。

视频及简介

如今,我们的世界生机盎然,随处可见活着的生灵。那么请想象一下所有这些生命有95%在一瞬间遭到了毁灭。这不是虚构的故事,它确实发生过。就在3亿年前的二迭纪,地球上还是一片丰饶繁荣的景象,然而2亿5千万年前的一场神秘事件导致了95%的物种灭绝,称为二迭纪生物大灭绝。这个凶残的杀手究竟是谁?是剧烈的地质运动、气候灾变,还是来自外太空的天体碰撞?为此,科学家们展开了一系列调查,试图解开“地球劫难日”惨剧背后的真相。


分享到