经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第429期
日期:2019-08-28 09:19

(单词翻译:单击)

Oh, never more could it turn to him; for faith was blighted -- confidence destroyed!
呵,永远也回不到他那儿去了,因为信念已被扼杀--信任感已被摧毁!
Mr. Rochester was not to me what he had been; for he was not what I had thought him.
对我来说,罗切斯特先生不是过去的他了,因为他已不像我所想象的那样。
I would not ascribe vice to him; I would not say he had betrayed me;
我不会把恶行加予他,我不会说他背叛了我,
but the attribute of stainless truth was gone from his idea, and from his presence I must go: that I perceived well.
但是真理那种一尘不染的属性,已与他无缘了,我必须离他而去,这点我看得非常清楚。
When -- how -- whither, I could not yet discern;
什么时侯起--怎样走--上哪儿去,我还不能明辨。
but he himself, I doubted not, would hurry me from Thornfield.
但我相信他自己会急于把我从桑菲尔德撵走,
Real affection, it seemed, he could not have for me;
他似乎已不可能对我怀有真情,
it had been only fitful passion: that was balked; he would want me no more.
而只有忽冷忽热的激情,而且受到压抑。他不再需要我了,
I should fear even to cross his path now: my view must be hateful to him.
现在我甚至竟害怕与他狭路相逢,他一见我准感到厌恶。

经典文学《简·爱》

Oh, how blind had been my eyes! How weak my conduct!
呵,我的眼睛多瞎!我的行动多软弱!
My eyes were covered and closed: eddying darkness seemed to swim round me,
我的眼晴被蒙住了,而且闭了起来,旋转的黑暗飘浮着似乎包皮围了我,
and reflection came in as black and confused a flow.
思绪滚滚而来犹如黑色的浊流。
Self-abandoned, relaxed, and effortless, I seemed to have laid me down in the dried-up bed of a great river;
我自暴自弃,浑身松弛,百无聊赖,仿佛躺在一条大河干枯的河床上,
I heard a flood loosened in remote mountains, and felt the torrent come:
我听见洪水从远山奔泻而来,我感觉到激流逼近了,
to rise I had no will, to flee I had no strength.
爬起来吧,我没有意志,逃走吧,我又没有力气。
I lay faint, longing to be dead.
我昏昏沉沉地躺着,渴望死去。
One idea only still throbbed life-like within me -- a remembrance of God:
有一个念头仍像生命那样在我内心搏动--上帝的怀念,
it begot an unuttered prayer: these words went wandering up and down in my rayless mind,
并由此而产生了无言的祈祷。这些话在我没有陽光的内心往复徘徊,
as something that should be whispered, but no energy was found to express them:
仿佛某些话该悄声倾吐出来,却又无力去表达它们。
"Be not far from me, for trouble is near: there is none to help."
“求你不要远离我,因为急难临近了,没有人帮助我。”

分享到