经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第413期
日期:2019-07-19 10:10

(单词翻译:单击)

And now I can recall the picture of the grey old house of God rising calm before me,
如今,我能回忆起当时的情景:灰色的老教堂宁静地耸立在我面前;
of a rook wheeling round the steeple, of a ruddy morning sky beyond.
一只白嘴鸦在教堂尖顶盘旋;远处的晨空通红通红。
I remember something, too, of the green grave-mounds; and I have not forgotten, either,
我还隐约记得绿色的坟墩;也并没有忘记两个陌生的人影,
two figures of strangers straying amongst the low hillocks and reading the mementoes graven on the few mossy head-stones.
在低矮的小丘之间徘徊,一边读着刻在几块长满青苔的墓石上的铭文。

经典文学《简·爱》

I noticed them, because, as they saw us, they passed round to the back of the church;
这两个人引起了我的注意,因为一见到我们,他们便转到教堂背后去了。
and I doubted not they were going to enter by the side-aisle door and witness the ceremony.
我相信他们要从侧廊的门进去,观看婚礼仪式。
By Mr. Rochester they were not observed;
罗切斯特先生并没有注意到这两个人,
he was earnestly looking at my face from which the blood had, I daresay, momentarily fled:
他热切地瞧着我的脸,我想我的脸一时毫无血色,
for I felt my forehead dewy, and my cheeks and lips cold.
因为我觉得我额头汗涔涔,两颊和嘴唇冰凉。
When I rallied, which I soon did, he walked gently with me up the path to the porch.
但我不久便定下神来,同他沿着小径,缓步走向门廊。

分享到
重点单词
  • ceremonyn. 典礼,仪式,礼节,礼仪
  • witnessn. 目击者,证人 vt. 目击,见证,出席,观察,经历