经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第403期
日期:2019-07-04 09:57

(单词翻译:单击)

"It must have been one of them," interrupted my master.
“一定是她们中间的一个,”主人打断了我的话。
"No, sir, I solemnly assure you to the contrary.
“不,先生,我庄严地向你保证,跟你说的恰恰相反。
The shape standing before me had never crossed my eyes within the precincts of Thornfield Hall before;
站在我面前的人影,以前我从来没有在桑菲尔德府地区见过。
the height, the contour were new to me."
那身高和外形对我来说都是陌生的。”
"Describe it, Jane."
“描绘一下吧,简。”
"It seemed, sir, a woman, tall and large, with thick and dark hair hanging long down her back.
“先生,那似乎是个女人,又高又大,背上垂着粗一黑的长发。
I know not what dress she had on: it was white and straight; but whether gown, sheet, or shroud, I cannot tell."
我不知道她穿了什么衣服,反正又白又整齐。但究竟是袍子,被单,还是裹尸布,我说不上来。”
"Did you see her face?"
“你看见她的脸了吗?”

经典文学《简·爱》

"Not at first. But presently she took my veil from its place;
“起先没有。但她立刻把我的面纱从原来的地方取下来,
she held it up, gazed at it long, and then she threw it over her own head, and turned to the mirror.
拿起来呆呆地看了很久,随后往自己头上一盖,转身朝着镜子。
At that moment I saw the reflection of the visage and features quite distinctly in the dark oblong glass."
这一刹那,在暗淡的鸭蛋形镜子里,我清清楚楚地看到了她面容与五官的映像。”
"And how were they?"
“看上去怎么样?”
"Fearful and ghastly to me -- oh, sir, I never saw a face like it! It was a discoloured face -- it was a savage face.
“我觉得像鬼一样吓人--呵,先生,我从来没有见过这样的面孔!没有血色,一付凶相。
I wish I could forget the roll of the red eyes and the fearful blackened inflation of the lineaments!"
但愿我忘掉那双骨碌碌转的红眼睛,那付黑乎乎五官鼓鼓的鬼相!”

分享到
重点单词
  • assurevt. 使确信,使放心,确保
  • interruptedadj. 中断的;被打断的;不规则的 vt. 打断;中断
  • savageadj. 野性的,凶猛的,粗鲁的,荒野的 n. 野蛮人,
  • describevt. 描述,画(尤指几何图形),说成
  • fearfuladj. 担心的,可怕的
  • distinctlyadv. 清楚地,显然地,明显地
  • reflectionn. 反映,映像,折射,沉思,影响
  • veiln. 面纱,掩饰物,修女 vt. 给 ... 戴面纱或面
  • shroudn. 寿衣,覆盖物,[航海]船之横桅索 v. 包以尸衣,
  • contraryadj. 相反的,截然不同的 adv. 相反(地) n.