我如何用加萨的瓦砾碎石来制造砖块
日期:2019-05-31 15:54

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

Yes, it's dark. I'm wondering how long we can all stand it without picking up our phone and turning the flashlights on.
是的,很暗。我想知道我们能坚持多久,而不拿起手机打开手电筒。
Seconds? Minutes? A whole hour? Don't worry, I'm not going to give you my whole speech in the dark.
几秒钟?几分钟?整整一小时?别担心,我没打算在黑暗中演讲完全程。
But it's something I'm used to.
但这是我很习惯的。
For more than 10 years, I and two million people back home have been living in darkness,
超过十年的时间,我和家乡的两百万人,一直住在黑暗中,
locked between two borders that are nearly impossible to leave,
被关在两条边界之间,几乎是不可能离开,
literally, in an area that spans 25 miles long and about five miles wide.
真的,那个区域大约二十五英里长,五英里宽。
I am Palestinian, and I am from Gaza. I grew up there and I still live there.
我是巴勒斯坦人,我来自加萨。我在那里长大,我仍然住在那里。
In Gaza, we have a whole lot of nothing. And I aim to create something from that nothing.
在加萨,我们几乎什么都没有。而我的目标是要从无中生有。
When a community is cut off from the world, all that we need to do is ... what?
当一个小区与世界隔绝,我们需要做的是什么?
To think outside the box. Way outside the box.
我们思考需要打破常规。大幅度的远离常规。
That thinking led me to two projects to address two serious issues in my community.
那样的思考让我发起了两项计划,用来解决我小区中两个严重的问题。
The need for building materials and the need for electricity and energy.
对建材的需求,及对电力和能源的需求。
Two essential ingredients of life. Both are in lack of supply in Gaza.
这两项是生活中不可或缺的要素。在加萨,两者都很缺乏。
First, I'm not here ... just to talk about the occupation we have back home.
首先,我来这里...不是谈我们家乡的就业状况。
The siege, the wars, the bombs, the protests or the death toll.
封锁、战争、炸弹、抗议,或死亡人数。
I am here because I wanted to show that we can live through it all.
我来这里,是因为我想要展示我们可以撑过这一切。
I am here because I wanted to make a change.
我来这里,是因为我想要做改变。
I am here to tell you that I am a statistic that cannot be ignored.
我来这里告诉各位,我是一个不能被忽略的统计数字。
In the 2014 war, thousands of houses were destroyed.
在2014年的战争中,数千栋房子被摧毁。
Those houses were made from sunbaked stones and blocks.
那些房子是由日晒的石头和石块做成的。
Those houses stood for decades and decades.
那些房子屹立了数十年。
Those houses were for my family, friends, neighbors, everyone I know.
那些房子中住的人是我的家人、朋友、邻居,我认识的所有人。
At that time, I asked myself a question: What can I do for people? How can I help them?
那时,我问我自己一个问题:我能为大家做什么?我要如何协助他们?
I knew we weren't able to get cement, aggregate and sand to rebuild what the war destroyed.
我知道我们无法取得水泥、骨材和沙子,来重建那些被战争摧毁的房屋。
But also, maybe we can use something from inside the community, something we already had.
但也许我们可以使用小区里面的东西,我们已经有的东西。
I started to put things together.
我开始混合各种的东西。
First, paper as a filler, instead of the aggregate we import. But that did not work out.
首先,用纸当填料,取代我们进口的骨材。但那并不成功。
What about using glass powder to replace part of the cement? But that failed, too.
那么用玻璃粉来取代一部分的水泥呢?但那也失败了。
I guessed making building blocks out of mud would be a great idea.
我猜想,用泥巴做成泥块是个很棒的点子。
But unfortunately, it didn't work out.
但不幸的是,那也不成功。
During the process of burning the mud blocks, we had a huge amount of ashes.
在烧泥块的过程中,我们有很大量的灰烬。
And I was like, "Why don't we use those ashes?" The idea flashed in my mind.
我心想:“我们为什么不利用那些灰烬?”我脑中闪过一个念头。
"Let's use it and combine it with the rubble of the demolished houses and make building blocks out of it."
“咱们把它和破房子留下的瓦砾碎石黏合起来,制做出建筑砖头。
After more than 150 failed experiments, and over six months of research, I actually made it.
在超过一百五十次失败的实验及超过六个月的研究之后,我真的办到了。
I created a building block out of the ashes and rubble of the demolished houses.
我创造出了一个空心砖,用的是灰烬及破房子的瓦砾碎石。
It's here, it came all the way with me. Well, it came before me.
它在这,我把它一路带过来了。嗯,它比我早来。
So, it's lighter, it's cheaper, and it's stronger.
所以,它更轻,它更便宜,它也更稳固。
This building block -- of course, you ask yourself, "How did this girl do it?"
这块空心砖--当然,你会自问:“这个女孩怎么做到的?”
It's not that hard, and it's not that easy.
并没有那么难,也没有那么简单。
First, we collected rubble from all around the Gaza Strip.
首先,我们收集加萨街头上的瓦砾碎石。
Then we combined it with the ashes that came from the landfills.
接着我们把它们和垃圾填埋场的灰烬结合。
When the recipe is done, it's time for baking.
当我们有了食谱之后,就要开始烘焙了。
So we mold the blocks, as you can see in the photo, and we cure it using water steam.
我们用模子做砖块,就像你们在照片中看到的,然后我们再用水蒸汽处理。
I call the material "Green Cake," and people now can use it not only to rebuild old houses,
我称这种材料为“绿蛋糕”,现在,大家不只可以用它来重建老房子,
but also to build new complete structures.
也可以建造完整的新建筑物。
Green Cake so far has created jobs for more than 30 people.
目前,绿蛋糕已经为超过三十人创造了就业机会。
And we were able to rebuild around 50 apartments, each one of them the size of a household almost for eight people.
我们因此能重建了大约五十间公寓,每一间大约可容纳八个人的家庭。

我如何用加萨的瓦砾碎石来制造砖块

We also trained fresh graduates, female and male, which is not very common in the community.
我们也训练刚毕业的人,男性和女性都有,在这个小区这并不常见。
And we got several awards, locally and globally.
我们得了不少奖,地方性的和全球性的都有。
This block is not just only a building block.
这个砖块不只是一块砖。
It changed the stereotype about women in Gaza that stated this type of work is meant for men.
它改变了对加萨女人的刻板印象,这类工作不仅男人可以做。
Education is the strongest weapon we have to fight for our freedom, decent life and future.
教育是我们最强大的武器,让我们可以为自由、体面生活,以及未来而战。
My background helped me to do this block.
我的背景协助我完成这些砖块。
I went to the Islamic University of Gaza, and I studied civil engineering,
我读的是加萨的伊斯兰大学,主修土木工程,
where there was a one-to-six female-to-male ratio.
在土木系,女性和男性的比例是一比六。
Everyone told me I would end up without a job. I went for a major that's meant for men.
大家都告诉我,我最后会找不到工作。我选择的主修科目是男人的主修科目。
But their lack of encouragement did not deter me; it inspired me.
但是大家的不看好并没有让我怯步,反而鼓舞了我。
After this long journey with the block, and after two years, what Gaza does need is not just building blocks.
结束这段漫长的制砖之旅的两年后,加萨需要的并不只是砖块。
We also need electricity, we need the energy. I developed a new company called SunBox.
我们也需要电力,我们需要能源。我开了一间新公司,叫阳光盒子。
SunBox is a smart solar kit that we source from China, and we engineer it to fit the market need.
阳光盒子是我们从中国取得的智能型太阳能组,我们改造它,来配合市场需求。
It powers not only light, but also laptops, phones, internet connection, a fan or a TV.
它不仅能供电给灯光,还供电给手提电脑、电话、网络联机、电扇或电视。
We teach local vendors and technicians to sell, install and provide customer services for people.
我们教导当地的厂商以及技师,如何销售、安装,提供客人售后服务。
We got the project off the ground by providing 15 families with solar energy.
这个计划案有个顺利的开始,我们提供太阳能给十五个家庭。
One of the solar units we installed in a refugee camp.
我们在一个难民营中安装了一个太阳能设备。
The next day I came to check what happened with the solar,
隔天,我去检查太阳能运作的状况,
and I found a whole neighborhood watching a football match using our device.
发现整个街坊的人都在用我们的装置看足球比赛。
I was like, "Wow, that's going to create a huge impact in the community."
我心想:“哇,这对小区会有很大的影响。”
That encouraged us to go to the second round of bringing 200 units.
那件事鼓励了我们继续进行第二轮,带来两百个设备。
But each unit costs around 350 dollars. And a Palestinian family can't afford the 350 dollars.
但每一个的成本是大约三百五十美元。巴勒斯坦家庭负担不起三百五十美元。
So we had to think, again, outside the box: How can we make this happen?
所以我们得再次跳脱常规思考:我们要如何实现它?
If a whole neighborhood can watch a football match using one device,
如果整个街区可以用一个装置来看足球比赛,
it means two, three and four families can share one device and enjoy the electricity.
那就表示两个、三个,甚至四个家庭可以共享一个装置,享用电力。
What we did is, we created a new business model called "sharing is caring."
我们的做法是创造了一个新的商业模型,叫做“分享就是关心”。
The sharing is caring business model says two families share one unit, three families share one unit,
“分享就是关心”商业模型,就是让两个、三个家庭共享一个设备,
and they split the cost, so they can afford paying for it.
成本由他们来分摊,让他们能负担得起。
Well, the idea caught on. I didn't expect that, but it just happened.
这个点子流行起来。我们没预期到,但就发生了。
In less than two weeks, we were able to provide over 200 people with electricity.
不到两周,我们提供了电力给两百个人。
And the question here: How did the idea catch on?
问题是:这个点子怎么会流行起来?
We went to community centers -- those are places, you know for whom?
我们去了小区中心--你们知道那些地方是什么人用的吗?
Only for men. So it was so weird for a woman to go there.
只有男人。所以女人去那里是很奇怪的事。
And I told them, "We have a great idea. We will give you electricity, you give us people who need this electricity."
我告诉他们:“我们有个好点子。我们会给你们电力,你们告诉我谁需要电力。”
Now, families are approaching us from all around the Gaza Strip.
现在,分布在加萨街头各地的家庭都来找我们。
I received a phone call from the team this morning, saying,
今天早上我接到团队打来的一通电话,说:
"Majd, please, we are under pressure, we work 16 hours a day, we will not be able to work like this.
“玛吉,拜托,我们压力很大,我们一天要工作十六小时,我们不能像这样做下去。
Families are calling us every second. They want solar energy."
每秒钟都有家庭打电话给我们。他们想要太阳能。”
Muna, from one of the families we installed the solar unit for, she told me,
穆娜是其中一个使用我们安装的太阳能设备的家庭成员,她告诉我:
"You know, Majd, I've never imagined I will control something in my life.
“你知道吗,玛吉,我从来没有想过我能在人生中掌控什么。
Now I can control my source of energy. I feel so special."
现在我可以掌控我的能源。我感觉好特别。”
What you take for granted is a privilege for others. People like Muna.
你们认为理所当然的东西,对其他人来说却是种特权。对像穆娜这样的人。
She doesn't want to fight. She doesn't want to stay in a bad life. She's only looking for a better life.
她不想要斗争,她不想要继续过糟糕的生活,她只是在寻求更好的生活。
Our vision, or I would say, everyone's vision in Gaza
我们的愿景,或者,我会说是加萨里每个人的愿景,
which I am very privileged to represent the people back home -- is to have a good life, a future.
我非常荣幸能够代表家乡的人--就是要有一个更好的生活和未来。
We need to build the infrastructure of hope.
我们需要建造希望的基础建设。
We want to tell them it's possible to happen, it's possible to be treated as a human being.
我们想要告诉他们,这是有可能成真的,是有可能被当成人类来对待的。
I don't have to cross four borders to come here.
我不需要越过四条边界才能到这里。
I can just go to the airport, see the people outside, see what the world looks like. Thank you so much.
我可以直接去机场,看看外面的人,看看世界是什么样子的。非常感谢。

分享到
重点单词
  • replacevt. 取代,更换,将物品放回原处
  • cementn. 水泥,纽带,接合剂,牙骨质,补牙物,基石 vt.
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • addressn. 住址,致词,讲话,谈吐,(处理问题的)技巧 vt.
  • combinev. 结合,联合,使结合 n. 集团,联合企业,联合收割
  • impactn. 冲击(力), 冲突,影响(力) vt. 挤入,压紧
  • sourcen. 发源地,来源,原始资料
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • devicen. 装置,设计,策略,设备
  • inspiredadj. 有创见的,有灵感的