TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):火星现在是什么时间(9)
日期:2019-05-29 09:50

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

So we would get off work, and we didn't want to go home and bother our families,
所以我们下班后,并不想回家去打扰家人,
and we were hungry, so instead of going locally to eat something, we'd go,
饿的时候,往往就近找些吃的。我们会说:
"Wait, there's this great all-night deli in Long Beach, and we can get there in 10 minutes!"
“等等,长滩有一家通宵营业的熟食店,我们到那只要10分钟!”
So we would drive down -- it was like the 60s, no traffic.
然后我们就开了过去,畅通无阻,就像是60秒。
We would drive down there, and the restaurant owners would go,
当我们到那时,餐馆老板会说,
"Who are you people? And why are you at my restaurant at 3:00 in the morning?"
“你们是什么人?为什么凌晨3点来我的餐馆?”

火星现在是什么时间

So they came to realize that there were these packs of Martians,
然后他们慢慢知道有一群火星人
roaming the LA freeways, in the middle of the night -- in the middle of the Earth night.
在午夜的洛杉矶游荡,地球的午夜。
And we did actually start calling ourselves Martians.
我们确实开始管自己叫火星人。
So those of us who were on Mars time would refer to ourselves as Martians, and everyone else as Earthlings.
我们之中按火星时间工作的喜欢称自己为火星人,其他人叫地球同胞。
And that's because when you're moving a time-zone every day, you start to really feel separated from everyone else.
这是因为当你每天都在改你自己的时区,你就会开始觉得和其他人疏远了。
You're literally in your own world. So I have this button on that says, "I survived Mars time. Sol 0-90."
准确的说你活在自己的世界中。所以我有这个胸牌,“我在火星生存的时间:0--90天”。
And there's a picture of it up on the screen.
屏幕上显示的就是这个胸牌。
So the reason we got these buttons is because we work on Mars time
我们带这个胸牌是为了表明我们依据火星时间工作,
in order to be as efficient as possible with the rover on Mars, to make the best use of our time.
为了尽可能方便的和火星的漫游者工作,来合理利用我们的时间。
But we don't stay on Mars time for more than three to four months.
但是我们从不在火星时间下工作超过3-4个月。

演讲介绍

纳金·考克斯是第一代火星人。作为美国航天局喷气推进实验室的一名航天器工程师,考克斯工作的团队操控着美国在火星的巡游者探测器。但是在另一个星球朝九晚五的上班很特别,尤其是这个星球还比地球多了40分钟,是很有意思也极具挑战的工作。


分享到