(单词翻译:单击)
Our model is really predicated on the idea that we need large-scale change.
我们的模式其实基于我们需要大规模改变的理念之上
We need system change, not tinkering at the margins.
我们需要系统性的改变 而不只是小打小闹
We actually need to focus on a much broader model of learning and working.
其实我们需要关注更为广泛的学习和工作模式
So in this model all learning should count.
在这种模式下 所有学习均应作数
It shouldn't just be the kinds of learning that you get
它不仅仅指
when you go to a traditional learning enterprise, a college or university.
你在传统的学习机构——学院或大学中的学习
Innovation is something that we've long talked about
创新是个老生常谈的话题
but today innovation is really critical to success in the system.
但如今在体系中 创新对成功至关重要
We need innovation that actually focuses on two key objectives.
我们需要以两个重要宗旨为核心的创新
The first one is time, that is the pace of change that's happening today
第一就是时间 也就是说现在变化发生的速度之快
requires innovation that is much more rapid than what we've seen in the past.
要求创新的速度要比以前快很多
So we need more like a rapid prototyping model of innovation than what we might have had in the past
所以我们需要比以往更快的快速创新模式
where you would do some experiments, do some innovation and then hope for some change.
以前人们往往会先做实验 再创新 然后期待变化的出现
The second important thing is scale.
第二就是规模
The nature of the change that's required is actually going to have to be at scale.
我们需要做出的改变 其本质就是规模要大
In other words, the innovation actually has to be focused on the fact that
换句话说 创新必须要基于这样一个事实:
it's going to serve a large number of people –
它要为成千上万的人服务——
that it's actually going to solve large-scale social problems.
它要解决大规模的社会问题
So innovation in the past and particularly philanthropic organizations trying to support innovation
所以过去的创新 尤其是那些得到慈善机构支持的创新
have often been focused on germinating new ideas
总是以萌生新观点为核心
with the hope that at some time these things will achieve scale.
希望在某个时刻 这些观点能够成为规模性的东西
Today, we need to be focusing on innovation that is actually going to take place much more rapidly
如今 我们需要让创新能够更快地发生
and is actually going to be focused, from the get-go, on scale.
而且从一开始就重视创新规模
Our objective in this work is quite simple.
我们在这项工作中的目标相当简单
First, we want to work with entrepreneurs and discover the best ideas that are out there
首先 我们与企业家共同合作 找到最优秀的那些观点
that might help us achieve this large-scale impact that we want to achieve.
用它们来帮助我们实现理想中的大规模影响力
The second is to elevate those ideas through this partnership with Big Think
其次就是通过与Big Think的合作 宣传这些观点
in ways that will give them a platform, give them visibility.
为其提供一个平台 让更多人知道它们的存在
And the third is actually to work with the entrepreneurs to achieve the scale impact that's necessary.
第三就是与企业家们合作 达到必要的影响规模
And so our model here is to help uncover, discover those big ideas,
所以我们的模式就是 帮助发现、挖掘那些大想法
actually help to elevate them and then work with the entrepreneurs to achieve the scale that's needed.
帮助宣传这些想法 然后与企业家合作达到必要的影响规模
So if you've got a big idea that you think is going to address these challenges, we want to hear from you.
所以如果你觉得你有能够应对这些挑战的大想法 那我们倒想听你说一说
We want to get your ideas and actually help you develop them.
我们想听听你的想法 然后帮你宣传推广
So under this Lumina Prize we'll actually fly two innovators to New York
所以在Lumina奖项下 我们会让两名创新者飞往纽约
for coaching and a video interview that will allow you to actually create a platform for this work,
进行指导和视频采访 这会让你为这项工作提供平台
for the idea that you have, to help it be seen by millions of people.
为你的观点提供平台 让数以百万的人看到它
There's a great opportunity here, not just for Lumina Foundation
这是个很棒的机会 不仅仅是对Lumina基金会
and what we're trying to achieve through our efforts as a national leadership organization,
也不仅是对我们作为国家领导力机构努力想要实现的东西
but there's also benefits for others.
还有其他受益者
Obviously, the entrepreneurs we want to work with through this process are going to achieve great benefit
很明显 在这个过程中 我们想要与之合作的企业家会受益匪浅
but so are the people who are going to learn from this combination of what Lumina is trying to do with these entrepreneurs through the Big Think platform
Lumina通过Big Think这个平台与企业家们的合作也会让在此过程中学习到的人有所收获
in ways that will actually reach much broader audiences.
Big Think会让我们接触到更多受众