英语PK台(MP3+文本) 第932期:观海游山 夏日瘦身 五一假期乐
日期:2019-05-10 05:37

(单词翻译:单击)

Dialogue 1
Jingjing: Mark, what were you up to during the May holiday?
京晶:马克,五一假期你都干什么了?
Mark: Well, it was really May day for me. I had to work every day except for one that week.
马克:嗯,对我而言还真是个“五月一天”啊,我那周除了一天之外都在工作。
Jingjing: Wow, so it wasn't much of a holiday for you.
京晶:哇哦,那对你而言,不怎么算个假期了。
Mark: Yeah, with all the make-up days, I was actually busier. Now that we're back to a normal schedule, I still have lots of catching up to do. What about you?
马克:是啊,调休那几天,我还更忙了。现在既然咱们都回归正常日程了,我仍然还有好些事要做。你呢?
Jingjing: Hmm, on the topic of work, I had a lot of projects that needed to be finished before the holiday. So, afterwards, it's been less of a madhouse.
京晶:说到工作这话题,我有好几个节前必须完成的项目。所以节后就没那么混乱抓狂。
Mark: It's good that you got your work done before the deadline.
马克:很好啊你赶在期限之内把工作完成了。
Jingjing: Too right! I like to come back to a clear desk.
京晶:太对了!我喜欢回到一张清爽的办公桌前。
Mark: Did you go anywhere?
马克:去哪儿了吗?
Jingjing: I did, actually. My group of old classmates and I spent two nights at the coast.
京晶:还真去了。我和一帮老同学去海边住了两晚。
Mark: This is a good time of year for it. Where did you stay?
马克:这个季节去海边还不错啊,住在哪儿?
Jingjing: Nandaihe. Have you heard of it?
京晶:南戴河。你听说过吗?
Mark: Um, I've heard of Beidaihe. Are those two places near each other?
马克:嗯,我听说过北戴河。这俩地离得近吗?
Jingjing: They're neigboring cities. We stayed in Nandaihe because it was quieter. On the first evening, and for most of the whole day that we had there, we were kicking it at Beidaihe though.
京晶:邻近城市。我们住在南戴河因为更安静一些,第一晚,和第一天的大多数时候,我们都在北戴河玩儿。
Mark: Did you have lots of seafood?
马克:有没有吃很多海鲜?
Jingjing: You bet. We totally pigged out! We went to a market to pick out the stuff, and then took it next door to a restaurant and had them cook it for us.
京晶:那必须的。我们简直大吃特吃!我们去市场挑选些东西,然后带到隔壁餐馆让他们给我们做来吃。
Mark: That sounds like a good deal.
马克:听上去是个好买卖。
Jingjing: They weren't exactly giving it away. But since there were so many of us, we had a big feast.
京晶:也不是便宜卖了,但因为我们人挺多,我们享用了一顿盛宴。

New words : 习语短语
madhouse 繁忙的办公室
a very busy office
kick it 玩,放松,逛,休闲
hang out, relax
pig out 大吃特吃,饕餮
overeat
give it away 便宜卖了
sell something for much less money than usual
3


Dialogue 2
Jingjing: So, Mark, did you get out and do anything on that one day you had off?
京晶:那马克,你唯一休息那天出门做点了啥吗?
Mark: You could probably guess: I went for a hike with my wife.
马克:你也许能猜到了:我和太太去远足了。
Jingjing: Oh, you and your hiking.
京晶:哦,你和你的常态远足活动。
Mark: Hey, this is the first time I've set foot on a mountain so far this year.
马克:嘿,这可是今年我第一次抬脚上山呢。
Jingjing: Where'd you go?
京晶:你们去哪儿了呢?
Mark: We went to Phoenix Mountain. That's just outside the city limits. There was a new trail that opened up. So, even though we've been there 3 or 4 times, it was good to go again.
马克:我们去了凤凰岭。就在城边儿上。有一条新开发的上山路,所以虽然我们都已经去过3-4次了,再去一次也挺好的。
Jingjing: Did you get sunburned or sore?
京晶:有没有晒伤或者腰酸背痛啊?
Mark: I got a bit of a tan, but wore a collar shirt to keep my neck from getting red. And, yeah, I got pretty sore. My legs were hurting the second day after the hike. It was hard to go up and down stairs.
马克:我有点晒黑了,但穿了件有领儿的衬衫保护脖子不变红,还有就是,对,我真的全身酸痛。第二天两腿就开始疼起来,上下楼梯都困难。
Jingjing: You're turning into an old man, Mark. You'd better get more exercise.
京晶:你都变成老年人喽,马克。你最好多多锻炼。
Mark: You're telling me. I used to work at a kindergarten a few days a week. That kept me slim. Now I have a pot belly and some of my pants don't fit.
马克:没错啊。我过去在一家幼儿园一周工作几天,那工作让我保持苗条,现在我都有大肚子了,有些裤子都穿不上了。
Jingjing: Well, you could go with your wife to her dance studio.
京晶:那你可以跟你太太去她的舞室呀。
Mark: That'd be a hoot. I'm such a klutz. It's hard for me to learn new dance steps.
马克:那可真是笑人了。我这么个笨手笨脚的家伙,学点儿新舞步对我来说可真是太难了。
Jingjing: How about you join a gym, or try walking around the city?
京晶:去加入个健身房怎么样?或者沿着城市走路?
Mark: Walking is a good idea. I have a set of weights at home. I just need to use them.
马克:走走路到是个好主意。我家还有一套哑铃,我只需要把他们用起来。
Jingjing: There you go, Mark. Summer is coming. Everybody needs to whip
themselves into shape and shed that winter fat.
京晶:这就对了嘛,马克。夏天来啦,人人都需要积极瘦身健体,甩掉冬天的肥肉肉喽。
Mark: Ok. Next time you see me, I'll be fit as a fiddle.
马克:好啊,下一次你见我的时候,我已形美如提琴。

New words : 习语短语
you and your ____ 你和你的常态活动
you're always using/doing your ____
city limits 城乡结合处
near the city but outside of the urban area, the edge of a major city
pot belly 大肚皮,啤酒肚
big belly (especially for someone who isn't fat all over)
klutz 笨手笨脚的人
clumsy person
whip (oneself) into shape 短期内瘦身
become healthy and athletic in a short time
fit as a fiddle 好身材,健康的形体
very healthy

分享到