经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第375期
日期:2019-04-30 10:09

(单词翻译:单击)

"Well, for cool native impudence and pure innate pride, you haven't your equal," said he.
“嘿,就冷漠无礼的天性和过分自尊的痼疾而言,你简直无与伦比。”他说。
We were now approaching Thornfield.
这时我们驶近了桑菲尔德。
"Will it please you to dine with me to-day?" he asked, as we re-entered the gates.
“你乐意今天同我一起吃饭吗?”我们再次驶进大门时,他问。
"No, thank you, sir."
“不,谢谢你,先生。”
"And what for, 'no, thank you?' if one may inquire."
“干嘛‘不,谢谢你呢?’要是我可以问的话。”
"I never have dined with you, sir: and I see no reason why I should now: till..."
“我从来没有同你一起吃过饭,先生。也看不出有什么理由现在要这样做,直等到.”
"Till what? You delight in half-phrases."
“直等到什么呀?你喜欢吞吞吐吐。”

经典文学《简·爱》

"Till I can't help it."
“直等到我万不得已的时候。”
"Do you suppose I eat like an ogre or a ghoul, that you dread being the companion of my repast?"
“你设想我吃起来象吃人的魔王,食尸的鬼魂,所以你害怕陪我吃饭?”
"I have formed no supposition on the subject, sir; but I want to go on as usual for another month."
“关于这点,我没有任何设想,先生,但是我想再过上一个月往常的日子。”
"You will give up your governessing slavery at once."
“你应该马上放弃家庭教师这苦差使。”
"Indeed, begging your pardon, sir, I shall not. I shall just go on with it as usual.
“真的:请原谅,先生,我不放弃。我还是像往常一样过日子,
I shall keep out of your way all day, as I have been accustomed to do:
我将像往常一样,整天不同你见面,
you may send for me in the evening, when you feel disposed to see me, and I'll come then; but at no other time."
晚上你想见我了,便可以派人来叫我,我会来的,但别的时候不行。”

分享到
重点单词
  • inquirevt. 询问,查究 vi. 询问,查究
  • disposedadj. 愿意的,想干的,有 ... 倾向的 动词dis
  • companionn. 同伴,同事,成对物品之一,(船的)甲板间扶梯(或扶
  • priden. 自豪,骄傲,引以自豪的东西,自尊心 vt. 以 .
  • delightn. 高兴,快乐 v. (使)高兴,(使)欣喜
  • suppositionn. 想像,推测,推想
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • pardonn. 原谅,赦免 vt. 宽恕,原谅
  • innateadj. 天生的,固有的
  • accustomedadj. 习惯了的,通常的