BBC纪录片地平线《恐龙灭绝真相》第17期:有孔虫
日期:2019-04-01 13:31

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

Gerta Keller also had samples from the core.
Gerta Keller也有一些岩芯样本。
She was looking for something quite different.
她正在观察一些很不寻常的东西。
I just scanned them very rapidly, and at first I didn't see anything,
我大致看了一下,一开始没有什么发现,
and then I began to see some shapes that looked familiar.
后来我开始观察一些相似的结构。
What Keller thought she had seen, were microscopic plankton fossils called forams,
Keller认为她看到的是一种叫做有孔虫的微小浮游生物的化石,
but they were poorly preserved and it took an expert eye to make them out.
但它们保存得很不完整,只有专家的眼光才能发现它们。
This is a 3D image of a perfect foraminifera.
这是完整有孔虫的3D图像。

BBC纪录片地平线《恐龙灭绝真相》

This is what we found in the core, it is a cross section of the same species.
这是我们在岩芯中发现的,这幅横截面上的是同一种类。
This is another 3D image, you see five chambers arranged in a circle,
这是另一幅3D图像,你可以看到圈的周围有5个小室,
you can see the same chambers in the cross section.
这幅横截面上有很多这样的小室。
Here is another species, each of the segments come to a pinched end, and the same you can see on the cross section.
这是另一种,每一部分都有收缩末端,它们同样遍布整个横截面。
All these species went extinct at the same time as the dinosaurs,
所有这些物种都与恐龙同时灭绝,
yet Keller had found their fossils in rock, formed after the Chicxulub impact.
可是Keller在岩层中发现的这些化石却是在希克苏鲁伯大碰撞后形成的。
For Keller the meaning of the discovery was clear.
对于Keller来说,这一发现的结论不言而喻。

视频及简介


分享到
重点单词
  • preservedadj. 保藏的;腌制的;[美俚]喝醉的
  • impactn. 冲击(力), 冲突,影响(力) vt. 挤入,压紧
  • circlen. 圈子,圆周,循环 v. 环绕,盘旋,包围
  • microscopicadj. 显微镜的,极小的,微观的
  • speciesn. (单复同)物种,种类
  • coren. 果心,核心,要点 vt. 挖去果核
  • extinctadj. 灭绝的,熄灭的,耗尽的