经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第355期
日期:2019-03-28 09:55

(单词翻译:单击)

"I was thinking, sir (you will excuse the idea; it was involuntary),
“我在想,先生(你会原谅我这个想法,油然而生的想法),
I was thinking of Hercules and Samson with their charmers"
我想起了赫拉克勒斯、参孙和使他们着迷的美女。”
"You were, you little elfish..."
“你就这么想,你这小精灵...”
"Hush, sir! You don't talk very wisely just now; any more than those gentlemen acted very wisely.
“唏,先生!就像那些先生们的举动并不聪明一样,你刚才说的话也并不聪明。
However, had they been married,
不过,要是他们当初结了婚,
they would no doubt by their severity as husbands have made up for their softness as suitors; and so will you, I fear.
毫无疑问,他们会一本正经地摆出夫君面孔,不再象求婚的时候那样柔情如水,我担心你也会一样。
I wonder how you will answer me a year hence, should I ask a favour it does not suit your convenience or pleasure to grant."
要是一年以后我请你做一件你不方便或者不乐意的事,不知你会怎样答复我。”

经典文学《简·爱》

"Ask me something now, Jane, -- the least thing: I desire to be entreated"
“你现在就说一件事吧,简,哪怕是件小事,我渴望你求我...”
"Indeed I will, sir; I have my petition all ready."
“真的,我会的,先生。我已作好请求的准备。”
"Speak! But if you look up and smile with that countenance,
“说出来吧!不过你要是以那种神情抬头含笑,
I shall swear concession before I know to what, and that will make a fool of me."
我会不知道你要求什么就满口答应,那就会使我上当。”
"Not at all, sir; I ask only this: don't send for the jewels, and don't crown me with roses:
“绝对不会,先生。我只有一个要求,就是不要叫人送珠宝,不要让我头上戴满玫瑰花,
you might as well put a border of gold lace round that plain pocket handkerchief you have there."
你还不如把你那块普普通通的手帕镶上一条金边吧。”

分享到
重点单词
  • conveniencen. 适宜,便利,便利设施,方便的时间,舒适
  • bordern. 边界,边境,边缘 vt. 与 ... 接壤,加边于
  • grantn. 授予物,补助金; 同意,给予 n. 财产转让 vt
  • countenancen. 面容,面部表情,支持
  • involuntaryadj. 非自愿的,无意的,不由自主的
  • hushn. 肃静,安静,沉默 vi. 安静下来,掩饰 vt.
  • plainn. 平原,草原 adj. 清楚的,坦白的,简单的,平坦
  • concessionn. 让步,妥协,特许权,租界
  • lacen. 饰带,花边,缎带 v. 结带子,饰以花边
  • petitionn. 祈求,请愿书,诉状 vi. 请愿,祈求 vt. 向