经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第345期
日期:2019-03-13 11:22

(单词翻译:单击)

But what had befallen the night?
可是,夜晚发生什么变化了?
The moon was not yet set, and we were all in shadow:
月亮还没有下沉,我们已全湮没在阴影之中了:
I could scarcely see my master's face, near as I was.
虽然主人离我近在咫尺,但我几乎看不清他的脸。
And what ailed the chestnut tree? It writhed and groaned;
七叶树受了什么病痛的折磨?它扭动着,呻吟着,
while wind roared in the laurel walk, and came sweeping over us.
狂风在月桂树小径咆哮,直向我们扑来。
"We must go in," said Mr. Rochester: "the weather changes. I could have sat with thee till morning, Jane."
“我们得进去了,”罗切斯特先生说。“天气变了。不然我可以同你坐到天明,简。”
"And so," thought I, "could I with you."
“我也一样,”我想。

经典文学《简·爱》

I should have said so, perhaps, but a livid, vivid spark leapt out of a cloud at which I was looking,
也许我应该这么说出来,可是从我正仰望着的云层里,窜出了一道铅灰色的闪电,
and there was a crack, a crash, and a close rattling peal;
随后是喀啦啦一声霹雳和近处的一阵隆隆声;
and I thought only of hiding my dazzled eyes against Mr. Rochester's shoulder.
我只想把自己发花的眼睛贴在罗切斯特先生的肩膀上。
The rain rushed down. He hurried me up the walk, through the grounds, and into the house;
大雨倾盆而下,他催我踏上小径,穿过庭园,进屋子去;
but we were quite wet before we could pass the threshold.
但是我们还没跨进门槛就已经湿淋淋了。
He was taking off my shawl in the hall,
在厅里他取下了我的披肩,
and shaking the water out of my loosened hair, when Mrs. Fairfax emerged from her room.
把水滴从我散了的头发中摇下来,正在这时,费尔法克斯太太从她房间里出来了。
I did not observe her at first, nor did Mr. Rochester.
起初我没有觉察,罗切斯特先生也没有。
The lamp was lit. The clock was on the stroke of twelve.
灯亮着,时钟正敲十二点。

分享到
重点单词
  • observev. 观察,遵守,注意到 v. 评论,庆祝
  • vividadj. 生动的,鲜艳的,栩栩如生的
  • shouldern. 肩膀,肩部 v. 扛,肩负,承担,(用肩)推挤
  • stroken. 笔画,击打,一笔(画)连续的动作,中风, v. 奉
  • sparkn. 火花,朝气,情人,俗丽的年轻人 vi. 闪烁,冒火
  • dazzledadj. 目眩的;眼花撩乱的 v. (使)眼花(dazz
  • shadown. 阴影,影子,荫,阴暗,暗处 vt. 投阴影于,跟踪
  • crackv. 崩溃,失去控制,压碎,使裂开,破解,开玩笑 n.