经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第344期
日期:2019-03-12 11:09

(单词翻译:单击)

"Are you in earnest? Do you truly love me? Do you sincerely wish me to be your wife?"
“你可当真?你真的爱我?你真心希望我成为你的妻子?”
"I do; and if an oath is necessary to satisfy you, I swear it."
“我真的是这样。要是有必要发誓才能使你满意,那我就以此发誓。”
"Then, sir, I will marry you."
“那么,先生,我愿意嫁给你。”
"Edward -- my little wife!" "Dear Edward!"
“叫爱德华--我的小夫人。”“亲爱的爱德华!”
"Come to me -- come to me entirely now," said he;
“到我身边来--完完全全过来。”他说,
and added, in his deepest tone, speaking in my ear as his cheek was laid on mine,
把他的脸颊贴着我的脸颊,用深沉的语调对着我耳朵补充说,
"Make my happiness -- I will make yours."
“使我幸福吧--我也会使你幸福。”
"God pardon me!" he subjoined ere long; "and man meddle not with me: I have her, and will hold her."
“上帝呀,宽恕我吧!”他不久又添了一句,“还有人呀,别干涉我,我得到了她,我要紧紧抓住她。”
"There is no one to meddle, sir. I have no kindred to interfere."
“没有人会干涉,先生。我没有亲人来干预。”
"No -- that is the best of it," he said.
“不--那再好不过了。”他说。

经典文学《简·爱》

And if I had loved him less I should have thought his accent and look of exultation savage;
要是我不是那么爱他,我会认为他的腔调,他狂喜的表情有些粗野。
but, sitting by him, roused from the nightmare of parting -- called to the paradise of union
但是我从离别的恶梦中醒来,被赐予天作之合,坐在他身旁,
I thought only of the bliss given me to drink in so abundant a flow.
光想着啜饮源源而来的幸福的清泉。
Again and again he said, "Are you happy, Jane?"
他一再问,“你幸福吗,简?”
And again and again I answered, "Yes."
而我一再回答“是的”。
After which he murmured, "It will atone -- it will atone.
随后他咕哝着,“会赎罪的,会赎罪的。
Have I not found her friendless, and cold, and comfortless?
我不是发现她没有朋友,得不到抚慰,受到冷落吗?
Will I not guard, and cherish, and solace her?
我不是会保护她,珍爱她,安慰她吗?
Is there not love in my heart, and constancy in my resolves?
我心里不是有爱,我的决心不是始终不变吗?
It will expiate at God's tribunal. I know my Maker sanctions what I do.
那一切会在上帝的法庭上得到赎罪。我知道造物主会准许我的所作所为。
For the world's judgment -- I wash my hands thereof. For man's opinion -- I defy it."
至于世间的评判--我不去理睬。别人的意见--我断然拒绝。”

分享到
重点单词
  • oathn. 誓言,誓约,咒骂语
  • tonen. 音调,语气,品质,调子,色调 vt. 使更健壮,装
  • solacen. 安慰,慰藉 v. 使快乐,使安慰,使缓和
  • pardonn. 原谅,赦免 vt. 宽恕,原谅
  • constancyn. 坚定不移,恒久不变,忠诚
  • nightmaren. 恶梦,使人极其痛苦的事情或经历,梦魇
  • defyvt. 反抗,藐视,挑衅
  • abundantadj. 丰富的,充裕的
  • savageadj. 野性的,凶猛的,粗鲁的,荒野的 n. 野蛮人,
  • meddlevi. 干预,干涉,插手