里昂夜读美文(MP3+中英字幕) 第323期:你在情人节见过最浪漫的事是什么
日期:2019-02-28 10:25

(单词翻译:单击)

What Is The Most Incredible Romantic Gesture On Valentine's Day That You've Witnessed?
你在情人节见过最浪漫的事是什么?
A friend of mine works as a nurse in a very low-income nursing home in a smaller state.
我的一个朋友在一家收入甚微、小规模的疗养院做护士。
She doesn't generally like to celebrate Valentine's Day, but her boyfriend likes to try to do something for her anyway.
她一般不喜欢庆祝情人节,但是她的男朋友总喜欢为她做点什么。
This past year, he brought a small little bouquet in for each of the residents there.
今年的情人节,她男朋友送了疗养院的每一位老人一人一小束花。
There are just under fifty residents, and although the flowers weren't highly expensive, they were bright and cheerful.
在这家疗养院里,住着有将近五十位老人,尽管这些花不是价值连城,但它们能够为这些老人带来希望与快乐。
The residents, at least the ones who are aware enough, were thankful and touched.
而那些疗养院的老人们,至少那些足够在意这份心意的人,都心存感激,也深受感动。
My friend? She asked her boyfriend to marry her that night, and this coming June, they will tie the knot.
你想问我的朋友现在怎么样了?在情人节那天晚上,她就对她男友以身相许,今年六月,他们就要结婚了。
This isn't technically romantic, but it's sweet. It happened to me.
这件事虽然算不上浪漫,但很甜蜜。这是我亲身经历的事。

你在情人节见过最浪漫的事是什么

The night previous, I'd gotten broken up via email with this guy that I'd been seeing.
在情人节前一天晚上,我通过电子邮件与和男朋友分了手。
Anyway, my heart wasn't exactly crushed but I was feeling a little more cynical than usual about Valentine's Day.
不管怎样,我没有完全心碎,但却觉得比以前的情人节有了更多的愤世嫉俗。
I had called my sister to let her know I was coming,
我事先打电话给了姐姐告诉她我去找她,
and casually mentioned my long-distance-not-quite-boyfriend had broken up with me.
顺便提到了我与异地恋并且不完全是真正意义上的男朋友已经分手的事情。
By the time I got there, my youngest nephew Zack immediately grabbed a kiss off the Hershey's heart.
当我到姐姐家时,年纪最小的一个外甥立即抓起了一颗好时巧克力。
It was funny to watch his fumbling fingers, struggling to unwrap it.
看他努力拆开巧克力包装笨拙的样子感到很好笑。
Probably took at least 2 minutes.
他大概花了至少2分钟。
But he focused on his task and finally succeeded.
但他专注于这件事,最后成功拆开了巧克力。
But instead of popping it in his mouth, he handed it to me and said, "Here you go. I opened it for you."
这时,他并没有把巧克力塞进自己的嘴里,而是把它递给我,说,“快吃吧。我已经为你拆开了。”
Zack had my heart that day.
扎克那天真真切切俘获了我的心。
Today I had chemotherapy - not a great way to spend Valentine's.
今天是我接受化疗的日子,这并不是一个过情人节的好选择。
Upon returning home from my treatment, feeling tired, sickly and weary of soul, I saw a large box sitting on the porch.
但接受完化疗,回到家,正感觉身心疲惫时,我看到了放在走廊里的一个大盒子。
My husband told me he had ordered some manly thing or other, so I assumed that was what it was.
我丈夫告诉我,他订了一些男士用品和一些其他的东西,所以我理所当然地信了。
Of course, it was a box of beautiful, fresh roses.
当然,那是一盒美丽、新鲜的玫瑰。
I asked him why and his reply was that he felt so badly about how I had to spend Valentine's Day,
我问他为什么送我玫瑰,他说,他对我只能在化疗室中度过情人节感到十分难过,
he just wanted to put a smile on my face.
他只是想让我脸上露出笑容。
Maybe this is not an insanely romantic gesture, but it felt insanely romantic to me,
也许这不是一个非常浪漫的举动,但对我来说这已非常浪漫,
and literally brought a tear to my typically skeptical-about-love eye.
不禁让我这样一个对爱充满怀疑的人热泪盈眶。

分享到