TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):抗击癌症的新式武器(5)
日期:2019-02-24 09:10

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

The siRNA is deployed first. It acts for hours, giving enough time to silence and block those survival genes.
siRNA首先开始行动。它需要几个小时,来让(癌细胞的)生存基因失效。
We have now disabled those genetic superpowers.
我们去除了(癌细胞的)基因超能力。
What remains is a cancer cell with no special defenses.
只剩下没有防御的癌细胞。
Then, the chemotherapy drug comes out of the core and destroys the tumor cell cleanly and efficiently.
之后化学药剂从内核中释放出来干净利落地杀死肿瘤细胞。
With sufficient gene blockers, we can address many different kinds of mutations,
只要有足够多的基因拦截者,我们就能对付各种变异(的癌细胞),
allowing the chance to sweep out tumors, without leaving behind any bad guys.
有机会消灭肿瘤,不留落网之鱼。
So, how does our strategy work?
那么,我们的方法到底有没有效呢?
We've tested these nanostructure particles in animals using a highly aggressive form of triple-negative breast cancer.
我们进行了动物实验,使用的是一种非常厉害的癌症,三阴性乳腺癌。

抗击癌症的新式武器

This triple-negative breast cancer exhibits the gene that spits out cancer drug as soon as it is delivered.
它的基因非常厉害,能迅速将抗癌药排出。
Usually, doxorubicin -- let's call it "dox"
通常,我们会使用阿霉素这种抗癌药,
is the cancer drug that is the first line of treatment for breast cancer.
它是治疗乳腺癌的首选手段。
So, we first treated our animals with a dox core, dox only.
第一次,我们只用阿霉素来对动物进行治疗。
The tumor slowed their rate of growth, but they still grew rapidly, doubling in size over a period of two weeks.
肿瘤的增长率有所减缓,但还是增长很快,两周之内就增长了一倍。
Then, we tried our combination superweapon.
接下来,我们的超级武器上场了。
A nanolayer particle with siRNA against the chemo pump, plus, we have the dox in the core.
外层是siRNA,保护自身不被拦截,内核部分是阿霉素。
And look -- we found that not only did the tumors stop growing,
结果我们发现,肿瘤不但没有增长,
they actually decreased in size and were eliminated in some cases. The tumors were actually regressing.
而且变小了,在某些样本上甚至完全消失。肿瘤被击退了。

演讲介绍

癌症是一种非常狡猾、适应性强的疾病。从事医学研究和教育工作的保拉•哈蒙德认为,要打败癌症,我们需要全新的、强有力的进攻方式。哈蒙德同她麻省理工学院的同事一起,制造了一种纳米粒子,尺寸只有头发的百分之一,能对付最致命且具有抗药性的癌症。让我们进一步了解这种分子武器,同哈蒙德并肩作战,共同抗击我们共同的敌人——癌症。


分享到
重点单词
  • celln. 细胞,电池,小组,小房间,单人牢房,(蜂房的)巢室
  • blockn. 街区,木块,石块 n. 阻塞(物), 障碍(物)
  • genen. 基因
  • sufficientadj. 足够的,充分的
  • silencen. 沉默,寂静 vt. 使安静,使沉默
  • pumpn. 泵,抽水机,打气筒,抽水,打气 v. 打气,抽水,
  • strategyn. 战略,策略
  • efficientlyadv. 有效地
  • coren. 果心,核心,要点 vt. 挖去果核
  • survivaln. 生存,幸存者