经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第331期
日期:2019-02-22 10:50

(单词翻译:单击)

It is one of my faults, that though my tongue is sometimes prompt enough at an answer,
我有一个缺陷,那就是尽管我口齿伶俐,对答如流,
there are times when it sadly fails me in framing an excuse;
但需要寻找藉口的时候却往往一筹莫展;
and always the lapse occurs at some crisis, when a facile word or plausible pretext is specially wanted to get me out of painful embarrassment.
因此某些关键时刻,需要随口一句话,或者站得住脚的遁词来摆脱痛苦的窘境时,我便常常会出差错。
I did not like to walk at this hour alone with Mr. Rochester in the shadowy orchard;
我不愿在这个时候单独同罗切斯特先生漫步在阴影笼罩的果园里;
but I could not find a reason to allege for leaving him.
但是我又找不出一个脱身的理由。
I followed with lagging step, and thoughts busily bent on discovering a means of extrication;
我慢吞吞地跟在后头,一面在拼命动脑筋设法摆脱;
but he himself looked so composed and so grave also, I became ashamed of feeling any confusion:
可是他显得那么镇定,那么严肃,使我反而为自己的慌乱而感到羞愧了:
the evil -- if evil existent or prospective there was -- seemed to lie with me only; his mind was unconscious and quiet.
如果说心中有鬼--不管是现在还是将来--那只能说我有;他心里十分平静,而且全然不觉。

经典文学《简·爱》

"Jane," he recommenced, as we entered the laurel walk,
“简,”他重又开腔了。我们正走进长满月桂的小径,
and slowly strayed down in the direction of the sunk fence and the horse-chestnut,
缓步踱向矮篱笆和七叶树,
"Thornfield is a pleasant place in summer, is it not?" "Yes, sir."
“夏天,桑菲尔德是个可爱的地方,是吗?” “是的,先生。”
"You must have become in some degree attached to the house,
“你一定有些依恋桑菲尔德府了,
you, who have an eye for natural beauties, and a good deal of the organ of Adhesiveness?"
你有欣赏自然美的眼力,而且很有依恋之情。”
"I am attached to it, indeed."
“说实在,我依恋这个地方。”
"And though I don't comprehend how it is,
“而且,尽管我不理解这究竟是怎么回事,
I perceive you have acquired a degree of regard for that foolish little child Adèle, too;
但我觉察出来,你已开始关切阿黛勒这个小傻瓜,
and even for simple dame Fairfax?"
甚至还有朴实的老妇费尔法克斯。”
"Yes, sir; in different ways, I have an affection for both."
“是的,先生,尽管性质不同,我对她们两人都有感情。”
"And would be sorry to part with them?" "Yes."
“而同她们分手会感到难过。” “是的。”

分享到