TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):抗击癌症的新式武器(3)
日期:2019-02-22 09:24

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

So, here's our strategy. First, we'll dose the cancer cell with siRNA, the gene blocker,
因此,我们的策略如下。首先,我们将siRNA--基因拦截者,用在癌细胞身上,
and silence those survival genes, and then we'll whop it with a chemo drug.
让(癌细胞的)生存基因失效,然后我们再用化学药品来对付癌细胞。
But how do we carry that out?
但如何实现呢?
Using molecular engineering, we can actually design a superweapon that can travel through the bloodstream.
答案是分子工程技术,我们可以设计一种超级武器,能在血液循环中存活下来。
It has to be tiny enough to get through the bloodstream, it's got to be small enough to penetrate the tumor tissue,
它必须足够小,才可以进入血液循环,它必须足够小,才可以穿过肿瘤组织,
and it's got to be tiny enough to be taken up inside the cancer cell.
它必须足够小,才可以进入癌细胞内部,
To do this job well, it has to be about one one-hundredth the size of a human hair.
要做到这一点,它的尺寸必须小到头发的百分之一。

抗击癌症的新式武器

Let's take a closer look at how we can build this nanoparticle.
来仔细看一下我们是如何制造这种纳米粒子的。
First, let's start with the nanoparticle core.
首先,我们要制造纳米核。
It's a tiny capsule that contains the chemotherapy drug.
那是一颗小胶囊,内含化学药剂。
This is the poison that will actually end the tumor cell's life.
对肿瘤细胞而言是致命毒药。
Around this core, we'll wrap a very thin, nanometers-thin blanket of siRNA. This is our gene blocker.
在内核周围,我们包上一层很厚的--当然也就几纳米厚的siRNA。这是我们的基因拦截者。
Because siRNA is strongly negatively charged,
因为siRNA带负电,
we can protect it with a nice, protective layer of positively charged polymer.
我们用一层坚固的,带正电的聚合物来保护它。
The two oppositely charged molecules stick together through charge attraction,
这两种带有不同电荷的分子相互吸引,
and that provides us with a protective layer that prevents the siRNA from degrading in the bloodstream. We're almost done.
形成一层保护膜,防止siRNA在血液中被降解。别着急,我快说完了。

演讲介绍

癌症是一种非常狡猾、适应性强的疾病。从事医学研究和教育工作的保拉•哈蒙德认为,要打败癌症,我们需要全新的、强有力的进攻方式。哈蒙德同她麻省理工学院的同事一起,制造了一种纳米粒子,尺寸只有头发的百分之一,能对付最致命且具有抗药性的癌症。让我们进一步了解这种分子武器,同哈蒙德并肩作战,共同抗击我们共同的敌人——癌症。


分享到