里昂夜读美文(MP3+中英字幕) 第315期:孤独一人时怎么庆生
日期:2019-01-30 13:36

(单词翻译:单击)

How do I celebrate my birthday when I am all alone in my life?
当我在独自一人的时候,怎么庆祝我的生日?
I am 27, and have quit my job a few months ago to check my priorities in life.
我27岁,因为想要确定在人生中最重要的事是什么。
Amid the frustrations that followed, I have lost all my friends.
所以几个月前辞了工作,紧随其后的是,我失去了所有朋友。
I am alone right now, and by that, I really mean there is no one who would care for my birthday.
我现在是孤身一人,我的意思是真的没有人会在乎我的生日。
My birthday is later next week. I wish to make it special but have no clue how.
我下周就过生日了,我想要让这个生日特别一些,但是毫无头绪,不知道怎么做。
It happened to me once. I bought a large cake and other goodies and went to the park.
我也曾遇到过这样的事,我带上蛋糕和其他食物去了公园。
I laid them out and waved to passing strangers who were alone and said, "It's my birthday, come, have a piece of cake."
我把它们都摆出来,朝着独自路过的陌生人们招手并对他们说:“今天是我的生日,过来吃块蛋糕吧。”


It worked a treat. Have a practice birthday to try it. There is no shortage of lonely people.
这简直棒极了。过生日的时候试试这种做法,做孤独的人没什么不好的。
You're right that sitting around on your birthday isn't a good idea.
你说得对,在生日时坐在那儿无所事事并不是个好主意。
I suggest doing something new.
我建议你做些新奇的事情。
Get out of the house. Try a different kind of food. Go to the movies.
走出家门,尝尝不一样的食物。
Plan a short road trip. Go listen to some music. Enjoy your own company.
计划一个短途旅行,听点音乐,享受独处时光。
Don't re-enter your house until you've had a little adventure.
在你经历过一次小小的冒险之前别回家。
Good luck. We've all been there. It will get better.
祝你好运,我们一直在这里,一切都会变得更好。

分享到