(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
An Exclusive Guest List Entertainment
独特的嘉宾名单
Catherine: Do you have a draft of the guest list? We need to get the invitations out next week.
凯瑟琳:你有客人名单的草稿吗?我们需要下周把邀请函发出去 。
Ralph: It’s not quite done yet. I keep going back and forth about a few people I’m not sure about, like Lacy Say.
拉尔夫:名单还未最终敲定 。我一直对其中一些嘉宾犹豫不决,比如说莱西·塞伊 。
Catherine: Lacy Say? She’s a has-been. She hasn’t been in a movie for years. We only want people on the A-list at this party.
凯瑟琳:莱西·塞伊?她是个不入流的人了 。她已经很多年没拍电影了 。在这次聚会上,我们只想邀请那些一流的明星 。
Ralph: What about Jess McGillan? I’m on the fence about him.
拉尔夫:那杰斯·麦吉伦怎么样?我对他持观望态度 。
Catherine: He’s definitely a D-lister. This party is very exclusive and we don’t want any D-listers rubbing elbows with VIPs.
凯瑟琳:他绝对是个D级人选 。这个聚会是很独特的,我们不希望任何D级明星与贵宾们有什么交集 。
Ralph: I understand that, but what if we don’t get enough A-listers to come?
拉尔夫:我理解,但是万一我们没有邀请到足够的一线明星呢?
Catherine: That will not happen. This party has to be a success!
凯瑟琳:这种情况不会发生的 。这次聚会一定会成功!
Ralph: And if we don’t have enough guests because we’ve excluded so many D-list celebrities?
拉尔夫:如果我们没有足够的嘉宾怎么办,毕竟我们排除了这么多D级的明星?
Catherine: There will always be gatecrashers. We can let in a few to buff up the numbers, if push comes to shove.
凯瑟琳:总会出现“不速之客”的 。如果迫不得已,我们可以让一些人入场,来补充人数 。
Ralph: What happens to the exclusivity of the party if that happens?
拉尔夫:照你这么安排的话,那你把派对独特性置于何地呢?
Catherine: If that happens, this party has bombed and I don’t care if we even let in podcasters!
凯瑟琳:如果发生这种情况,这场聚会就完蛋了,我甚至还会考虑是否让播客们撑场!
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载
重点讲解
1.buff up 提高;使愉悦
I'm just trying to buff up my vocabulary.
我只是想提高自己的词汇量 。
2.push comes to shove 事态严重;最后关头
When push comes to shove, you are on your own.
如果形势糟糕,你就只能靠自己了 。
3.be on the fence about 对...持观望态度
They are sitting on the fence and refusing to commit themselves
他们保持中立,拒绝表态 。
4.rubbing elbows with 与...交往
In fact he really enjoys getting out and rubbing elbows with us ordinary people.
事实上,他还很喜欢和我们这些普通人交往 。