英语PK台(MP3+文本) 第873期: 美国开车 应对交警盘查
日期:2019-01-18 14:06

(单词翻译:单击)

Dialogue 1
Mark: Ma'am, could you roll down your window, please? ...No! Don't open your door. Just roll down the window.
马克:女士,请您摇下车窗…不!别开车门,摇下车窗即可。
Jingjing: Sorry, I'm a little nervous.
京晶:抱歉,我有点紧张。
Mark: May I see your license and registration?
马克:请出示您的驾照和车辆登记吗?
Jingjing: Sure, here they are.
京晶:当然。给您。
Mark: Do you know why I stopped you?
马克:您知道我为什么叫停吗?
Jingjing: I'm afraid I have no idea.
京晶:恐怕…我还真不知道。
Mark: You failed to stop at an intersection a while back. There was a stop sign, and you turned right without even slowing down.
马克:之前您在十字路口没停车。那儿有个停车标识,您右转时甚至都没减速。
Jingjing: Was that back in town? I remember taking a right and seeing clearly in all directions. I thought it was okay to keep going.
京晶:是在城里吗?我记得我当时右转了,四下看得很清楚。我以为可以继续前行。
Mark: No ma'am. According to California law, if there's a stop sign, you have to come to a complete stop, even before turning right.
马克:并非如此,女士。根据加州法律,如遇停车标识,您必须完全停车,即使要右转了也得停。
Jingjing: I'm sorry. I just filled up for gas and was eager to get back on the interstate. I guess I didn't notice the stop sign.
京晶:很抱歉。我刚给车加满了油,想着赶紧上高速,我猜我真没有注意到这个停车标识。
Mark: You need to pay more attention to signals and signs. If there's a kid on a bike or someone standing at the corner, they need to be safe on the street.
马克:您需要更加留意信号灯和路牌标识。如果有骑车的儿童,行人站在角落,他们需要在街头有安全保障。
Jingjing: I get it. I'll be more careful from now on. Are you going to give me a ticket?
京晶:明白了。今后我会更小心的。您会给我开张罚单吗?
Mark: Stay here while I go back to the patrol car. I'm going to check your records for a few minutes, and then I'll be right back. Do not get out of the vehicle.
马克:您停在这儿,我回去巡逻车检查您的驾驶记录,需要几分钟,然后我就会回来。别下车。
Jingjing: Okay, officer. I'll be right here.
京晶:好的,长官。我就在原地。


New words : 习语短语
registration 车辆登记
proof or ownership (or rental) of a car
vehicle 汽车
car, van, SUV, truck, bus
3


Dialogue 2
Jingjing: Is everything okay?
京晶:一切正常吗?
Mark: Your driving record is clear in the state of California. Ma'am, could I see what you have behind your seat?
马克;您的驾驶记录在加州是没问题的。女士,我能看一下您座位后那是什么吗?
Jingjing: Huh? Here, let me unlock that door. Okay, try it now.
京晶:啊?让我来打开那个门。好了,您看看
Mark: Would you like to tell me about this?
马克:这个东西,您有什么想说的吗?
Jingjing: Oh, that wine bottle? I forgot all about that!
京晶:哦,那个酒瓶吗?我都忘干净了。
Mark: When was the last time you consumed alcoholic beverages?
马克:您上一次饮用酒精饮料是什么时候?
Jingjing: It'd be that wine, two—no, three days ago. I put the bottle in the seat pocket because I didn't want it rolling around the trunk.
京晶:那瓶酒的话,2天,哦不,三天前。我把酒瓶放在座位袋里已经我不想它在后备箱里滚来滚去。
Mark: Technically, this is an open container.
马克:严格说,这是一个开口容器。
Jingjing: I don't want to argue, but the cork is in there pretty tight.
京晶:我不想争辩,但是那个酒瓶塞还是挺紧的。
Mark: It's still an open container, because it's not sealed, and it's within reach of the driver. Could you step out of the vehicle now?
马克:那也是一开口容器,因为它不是密封的,而且就在司机触手可及的范围内。您现在能从车里出来一下吗?
Jingjing: Sure, okay.
京晶:当然,好的。
Mark: Breathe into this for me.
马克:请您对着这个吹气。
Jingjing: Ok, like this?
京晶:哦?像这样吗?
Mark: Yes. This shows your blood alcohol to be below the legal limit. How about you secure this wine bottle in the trunk for me?
马克:是的,这个显示您的血液酒精含量在合法值以下。这样如何?您能确保把酒瓶在后备箱里妥善放置好吗?
Jingjing: Alright. Am I in any trouble?
京晶:好的。我有麻烦了吗?
Mark: I'll let you off with a warning this time. But I'm going to flag your record. Any further violation within the next month is far more likely to result in a citation, or worse.
马克:这次放你一马,就当是个警告。但我将标记在您的行驶记录里,下月之内任何更严重的违章行为都将导致收到罚单,或更严重的处罚。
Jingjing: Thanks, officer. I appreciate it.
京晶:谢谢,长官,十分感谢。


New words : 习语短语
alcoholic beverages 酒精类饮料
beer, wine, liquer
open container 开口容器
a bottle, can, cup or glass that is not still sealed
let someone off 放过某人,不惩罚
don't punish someone
flag 做个标注,记录
put a note on something, for other officers to see
violation 违章,违规
(violation of the law) breaking the rules
citation 罚单
traffic ticket


分享到
重点单词
  • alcoholn. 酒精,乙醇,酒
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • containern. 容器,集装箱
  • appreciatevt. 欣赏,感激,赏识 vt. 领会,充分意识 vi.
  • flagn. 旗,旗帜,信号旗 vt. (以旗子)标出 v. 无
  • licensen. 执照,许可证,特许 vt. 允许,特许,发许可证给
  • trunkn. 树干,躯干,干线, 象鼻,(汽车后部)行李箱 (复
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • secureadj. 安全的,牢靠的,稳妥的 vt. 固定,获得,使
  • violationn. 违反,违背,妨碍