经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第312期
日期:2019-01-16 11:08

(单词翻译:单击)

"My disposition is not so bad as you think: I am passionate, but not vindictive.
“我的脾性并不是象你想的那么坏,我易动感情,却没有报复心。
Many a time, as a little child, I should have been glad to love you if you would have let me;
小时候,有很多次,只要你允许,我很愿意爱你;
and I long earnestly to be reconciled to you now: kiss me, aunt."
现在我诚恳希望同你和好:亲亲我吧,舅妈。”
I approached my cheek to her lips: she would not touch it.
我把脸颊凑向她嘴唇。她不愿碰它。
She said I oppressed her by leaning over the bed, and again demanded water.
还说我倚在床上压着她了,而且再次要水喝。
As I laid her down -- for I raised her and supported her on my arm while she drank
我让她躺下时--因为我扶起她,让她靠着我的胳膊喝水,
I covered her ice-cold and clammy hand with mine:
把手放在她冷冰冰,湿腻腻的手上。


the feeble fingers shrank from my touch -- the glazing eyes shunned my gaze.
她衰竭无力的手指缩了回去了--迟滞的眼睛避开了我的目光。
"Love me, then, or hate me, as you will," I said at last,
“那么,爱我也好,恨我也好,随你便吧,”我最后说,
"you have my full and free forgiveness: ask now for God's, and be at peace."
“反正你已经彻底得到了我的宽恕。现在你去请求上帝的宽恕,安息吧。”
Poor, suffering woman! it was too late for her to make now the effort to change her habitual frame of mind:
可怜而痛苦的女人!现在再要努力改变她惯有的想法,已经为时太晚了:
living, she had ever hated me -- dying, she must hate me still.
活着的时候,她一直恨我--临终的时候,她一定依然恨我。

分享到
重点单词
  • feebleadj. 虚弱的,无力的
  • habitualadj. 惯常的,习惯的
  • framen. 框,结构,骨架 v. 构成,把 ... 框起来,陷
  • vindictiveadj. 有报仇心的,怀恨的,惩罚的
  • dispositionn. 性情,倾向,安排,处置,控制 [计算机] 配置情况
  • passionateadj. 热情的,易怒的,激情的