(单词翻译:单击)
Unless you're from New Orleans, you would not know nothing about the Hangover Hotline.
除非你是我们新奥尔良当地人,否则你是绝对不会知道“宿醉热线”的 。
I feel like my head is going to explode.
我感觉我的头要炸了 。
Can I please have some of your soup?
可以喝点你的汤吗?
Yes, I got that hangover cure.
可以,我有治宿醉的汤 。
I'm on my way.
我这就给您送过去 。
My name is Chef Linda Green.
我是厨师琳达·格林 。
I am called the Ya-Ka-Mein Lady.
也叫“雅卡面女士” 。
Ya-ka-mein is one of New Orleans' best kept secret.
雅卡面是新奥尔良保守得最好的秘密之一 。
It's a noodle soup.
这是一种汤面 。
Ya-ka-mein was classified as a poor-man dish.
雅卡面以前是被列为穷人家的食物的 。
It is Chinese and African-American fusion.
这是一种中餐和非洲菜的混搭 。
It's good for the soul.
是一道慰藉灵魂的汤面 。
It's good for a hangover.
非常适合宿醉的时候喝 。
Oh my God, when it hits the tongue, it goes to the brain,
啊,天哪,当它和舌头碰撞的时候,会直接刺激到你的大脑,
and then it come back to the tongue, and say, "I want more."
那个感觉再回到舌头上,告诉你,“还想喝 。”
My mother was a cafeteria technician.
我母亲过去在食堂工作 。
I was a cafeteria technician, too.
我过去也是 。
My mom and my grandmother used to cook ya-ka-mein
我母亲和我奶奶过去都是煮雅卡面的
and she always did tell me that I may be able one day to use it, and she was right.
她总是跟我说也许有一天我会用上这门手艺,没想到她说对了 。
When Katrina hit, everyone lost their jobs.
卡特里娜飓风过后,每个人都失业了 。
I needed a job after I lost my job with the school.
我也失去了我在学校里的工作,所以我得重新找啊 。
I was catering, and I was selling ya-ka-mein at a lot of the festivals in the city.
我就搞起了餐饮,在城里的很多节日上卖“雅卡面” 。
I won Gumbo Festival.
我在“秋葵节”上拿过奖 。
I won Sushi Festival.
在“寿司节”上也拿过奖 。
I've been winning a lot.
反正拿了很多次奖 。
Now I've just been very persistent and consistent with this ya-ka-mein, and it became popular; and the phone was ringing off the hook.
因为我一直专注做这个面,这个面也就变得越来越受欢迎了;每天电话都要被他们打爆了 。
Everybody used to say, "Where the Ya-Ka-Mein Lady at?"
大家都说,“那个‘雅卡面女士’的摊位在哪里?”
That's how I got that name.
我的外号就是这么来的 。
You know, people from all over were calling me.
到处都有人给我打电话 。
There's a hotline there.
都给我达成热线电话了 。
I deliver or some will come and pick it up.
要么我给他们送,或者他们自己来取 。
I went out on faith, and I never looked back.
我把这件事当成我的信仰,一开干就从不回头 。
I love my city, y'all. I'm not going to tell y'all a word of lie. I love my city.
我爱我的城市,爱所有人 。这话一点儿也不假 。我就是爱我的城市 。
My name got known because a hangover is very common in New Orleans.
我之所以出名,是因为宿醉在新奥尔良很常见 。
Ya-ka-mein is the best remedy for a New Orleans-sized headache.
雅卡面是治疗新奥尔良这种大规模的头痛最好的药 。
Everyone call it Old Sober.
大家都叫它“醒酒老法子” 。
I just love what I do. I love cooking.
没办法,我就是喜欢这份工作 。我喜欢烹饪 。
I love for someone to enjoy my food, and I love for them to come to me and tell me everything was beautiful.
我喜欢大家享受我的食物,我喜欢他们来告诉我一切都很好 。[qh