经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第308期
日期:2019-01-08 11:38

(单词翻译:单击)

I said nothing. I was afraid of occasioning some shock by declaring my identity.
我没有吭声,怕一说出我的身份会引起某种震惊。
"Yet," said she, I am afraid it is a mistake.
“可是,”她说,恐怕这是个错觉。
My thoughts deceive me.
我的想法欺骗了我。
I wished to see Jane Eyre, and I fancy a likeness where none exists.
我很想看看简·爱,我想像出跟她相似的地方,但实际并不存在。
Besides, in eight years she must be so changed.
况且八年当中她的变化一定很大。
I now gently assured her that I was the person she supposed and desired me to be.
这时我和气地让她放心,我就是她设想中的人。
And seeing that I was understood, and that her senses were quite collected,
见她明白我的意思,头脑也还镇静,
I explained how Bessie had sent her husband to fetch me from Thornfield.
我便告诉她,贝茜如何派丈夫把我从桑菲尔德叫来。
"I am very ill, I know," she said ere long.
“我的病很重,这我知道,”没有多久她说。
I was trying to turn myself a few minutes since, and find I cannot move a limb.
几分钟之前,我一直想翻身,却发觉四肢都动弹不得。


It is as well I should ease my mind before I die.
也许我没有死就该安下心来。
What we think little of in health, burdens us at such an hour as the present is to me.
健康时我们想得很少的事,在眼下这样的时刻,却成了我沉重的负担。
Is the nurse here? or is there no one in the room but you?
护士在吗?房间里除了你,没有别人吗?
I assured her we were alone.
我让她放心只有我们两个。
Well, I have twice done you a wrong which I regret now.
唉,我两次做了对不起你的事,现在很懊悔。
One was in breaking the promise which I gave my husband to bring you up as my own child.
一次是违背了我向丈夫许下的,把你当作自己孩子抚养成人的诺言。
The other -- she stopped.
另一次--她停住了。
"After all, it is of no great importance, perhaps," she murmured to herself.
“也许这毕竟无关紧要。”她喃喃地自言自语说。
And then I may get better, and to humble myself so to her is painful.
那样我也许会好过些,但是,向她低声下气实在使我痛苦。

分享到