Matters Of The Heart 感情问题
日期:2018-12-27 16:13

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
The saying today is "matters of the heart", from the movie "The Year of Spectacular Men".
今天的短语是matters of the heart,出自电影《壮年之年》。
This comedy is about a young woman who just graduated from college.
这部喜剧电影讲述了一位刚刚从大学毕业的年轻女子的故事。
Compared to her movie star sister, she is a mess.
和她身为电影明星的妹妹相比,她的情况一团糟。
Hi, I'm Izzy. I've never been good in matters of the heart.
嗨,我是伊兹。我的感情问题一直不太顺利。
Never had that moment, you know, where everything falls into the perfect spot. Who knows?
从来没有那么一个时刻,一切都很完美。谁能明了?
Maybe this will be the year.
也许就是今年了。
Look at you, big sister.
看看你自己,老姐。
I thought you were just here for a fashion thing.
我以为你来这里只是为了赶时髦。
Just a fashion thing?
只是为了赶时髦?
Oh my God, Sabrina, can I get a pic? Yeah.
哦,我的天哪,塞布丽娜,我能跟你合张影吗?可以。

电影《壮年之年》

So, what do you think "matters of the heart" means?
所以你认为matters of the heart是什么意思?
Is it: things that relate to love or things that relate to beauty?
是与爱相关的还是与美丽相关的事情?
Listen again, did you have the right answer?
再听一遍,你答对了吗?
Hi, I'm Izzy. I've never been good in matters of the heart.
嗨,我是伊兹。我的感情问题一直不太顺利。
Never had that moment, you know, where everything falls into the perfect spot. Who knows?
从来没有那么一个时刻,一切都很完美。谁能明了?
Maybe this will be the year.
也许就是今年了。
"Matters of the heart" means things that relate to love.
Matters of the heart的意思是与爱相关的事情。
In this movie, Izzy thinks she is trying to find a perfect romantic relationship,
在这部电影中,伊兹觉得自己在寻找一段完美浪漫的爱情,
but it turns out that none of the men she meets are that spectacular.
但是结果是,他遇到的所有男人都不尽如人意。
Instead, she finds her most important relationship is with her sister.
相反,她发现她最重要的关系是与妹妹之间的关系。
And that is English @ the Movies.
以上就是今天的《看电影学英语》。

分享到