绿野仙踪(MP3+中英字幕) 第142期:美丽的瓷器城(5)
日期:2018-12-24 14:08

(单词翻译:单击)

Dorothy was quite grieved at this mishap.
多萝茜因为牛奶女郎的不幸,非常烦恼。
"We must be very careful here," said the kind-hearted Woodman,
“在这里,我们最好谨慎小心,”善心的铁皮人说,
"or we may hurt these pretty little people so they will never get over it."
“不然,我们损伤了这些美丽的瓷人儿,我们就永远不能过去了。”
A little farther on Dorothy met a most beautifully dressed young Princess, who stopped short as she saw the strangers and started to run away.
走了几步,多萝茜遇见一个穿得最漂亮的年青的公主,然而公主发现了这些陌生人,停了一停,就转身走了。
Dorothy wanted to see more of the Princess, so she ran after her.
多萝茜看清楚公主,便去追赶她,

绿野仙踪

But the china girl cried out: "Don't chase me! Don't chase me!"
但是这个瓷女郎喊道:“别追赶我!别追赶我!”
She had such a frightened little voice that Dorothy stopped and said, "Why not?"
她的声音极其微弱,使得多萝茜停了步,问道:“为什么?”
"Because," answered the Princess, also stopping, a safe distance away, "if I run I may fall down and break myself."
“因为,”公主也停步了,隔着一个相对安全的距离,然后回答说,“你追我便会跑,如果跌倒,就会跌碎了自己。”
"But could you not be mended?" asked the girl.
小女孩子问:“你可以修补呀?”
"Oh, yes; but one is never so pretty after being mended, you know," replied the Princess.
“唉,是的。”公主回答说:“但是你应该明白,一个人在修补过了以后,就很难看了。”
"I suppose not," said Dorothy.
“我也这么想,”多萝茜说。
"Now there is Mr. Joker, one of our clowns," continued the china lady, "who is always trying to stand upon his head.
“现在,乔克先生就在那边,他是我们的一个小丑,”瓷女郎继续说道,“他因为常常用头站在地上。
He has broken himself so often that he is mended in a hundred places, and doesn't look at all pretty.
摔伤了很多地方,他身上的补钉有一百多个,因此他变得不好看了。
Here he comes now, so you can see for yourself."
你可以到那边去看看他。”

分享到
重点单词
  • frightenedadj. 受惊的,受恐吓的
  • chasen. 追求,狩猎,争取 vt. 追捕,狩猎 vt. 雕刻
  • mishapn. 不幸之事,灾祸,恶运