(单词翻译:单击)
"Did you see him when you were there?"he asked.
“你在那儿看到院长了吗?”杰夫叔叔问道 。
"No, I didn't see anyone,"she said.
“没有,我没看见任何人,”她说 。
"The secretary wasn't at her desk and I just walked through to the back room and left the envelope there."
“秘书不在办公室,我径直走到后面的房间,把信封留在那里了 。”
"Was anyone at your apartment when you got back?"he asked her.
“你回去的时候,公寓里有人吗?”杰夫叔叔问 。
"No, I live alone,"she said, "but I was there from about 3:30 to just after 8:00."
“不,我一个人住,”她说,“但我从3点半到8点后的时间在公寓 。”
"Where did you go then?"he asked.
“那你之后去哪儿了?”他问道 。
"She went to meet me for coffee,"I said to Uncle Jeff, feeling slightly embarrassed.
“她去和我喝咖啡了,”我对杰夫叔叔说,感到有些尴尬 。
"Right,"she replied.
“没错,”她回答说 。
Then she turned to Uncle Jeff. "You'll help me find those photographs, won't you?"
然后她转向杰夫叔叔 。“你会帮我找到那些照片的,是吗?”
"I don't know. I'll do what I can,"he said.
“我不知道,我会尽我所能,”他说 。
Jennifer looked worried. I believed her and I didn't want to see her like this—desperate and unhappy.
詹妮弗看上去忧心忡忡 。我相信她,我不想看到她这样绝望和不快乐 。
I wished there were some way I could get those photos back for her.
我真希望能有什么办法把那些照片还给她 。
If there was only some way....
如果只有一个方法....