(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
Dad: Honey, I have some bad news for you. Fluffy has gone to the other side.
父亲:宝贝,我有个坏消息要告诉你 。“小毛绒”去了另一个世界 。
Sarah: You mean she’s out of her cage again? I’ll go and try to find her.
莎拉:你是说,它又跑出笼子了?我会去找找它的 。
Dad: No, you don’t understand. Fluffy passed away in the night.
父亲:不,你不明白 。“小毛绒”夜里去世了 。
Sarah: Oh, she died! That’s too bad, but she was getting up there in years.
莎拉:哦,它死了!太糟糕了,不过它的年纪也逐渐大了 。
Dad: Yes, but she didn’t die a natural death. She was run over by the neighbor’s car.
父亲:是的,不过它并非自然死亡 。它被邻居的车碾了 。
Sarah: You mean she was flattened? Cool!
莎拉:你是说它被碾平了?太酷了!
Dad: Well, I wouldn’t put it that way, but I understand if you’re in shock. I guess people show grief in different ways...
父亲:我可不这样想,不过如果你感到震惊的话,我可以理解 。我想,也许每个人表达悲伤都有不同的方式 。
Sarah: Fluffy went out with a bang. That’s the way she would have wanted to go.
莎拉:小毛绒的生命圆满结束了 。那应该是它想要的方式 。
Dad: I’d like to think of her as being in heaven and she’s gone to meet her maker.
父亲:我想它已身在天堂,还见到了上帝 。
Sarah: I don’t think there’s an afterlife for animals, Dad. It’s all just a part of the circle of life.
莎拉:我不觉得动物也有来生,爸爸 。那只不过是生命轮回的一部分 。
Dad: Okay. I thought we could have a funeral for her so we can pay our respects.
父亲:好吧,为表达敬意,我认为我们应该为它举办一个葬礼 。
Sarah: Is that really necessary?
莎拉:真的有必要吗?
Dad: I’d thought you’d want one. She was your pet after all.
父亲:我以为你会希望办一个呢 。毕竟,它是你的宠物 。
Sarah: No, let’s just bury her in the backyard.
莎拉:不,就把它埋在后院就可以了 。
Dad: And who said that the youth of today is cynical?
父亲:是谁说的,现在的年轻人都很愤世嫉俗?
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载
重点讲解
1.put it that way 那样说
Since you put it that way, it's hard for me to refuse.
既然你这样说,那我就很难拒绝了 。
2.passed away 去世
A superstar of the musical circles passed away.
音乐界的一颗巨星陨落了 。
3.natural death 自然死亡
My grandfather died a natural death.
我爷爷是自然死亡 。
4.run over 碾压
He was run over by a train.
他被火车轧了 。