英语PK台(MP3+文本) 第815期: 职场发飙 同事争执
日期:2018-10-18 17:41

(单词翻译:单击)

Dialogue 1
Mark: This is the room we reserved for your meeting.
马克:这间就是我们给会议预留的房间。
Jingjing: Thanks for taking care of everything。
京晶:感谢把一切都安排妥当了。
Mark. Let's have a look-see.
马克:让我们进去仔细再查看一下。
Mark: Oh, I didn't bring the key with me. I'll be back in five. Hang tough.
马克:噢,我没有带钥匙。我5分钟后就回来。稍等我一下。
Jingjing: Uh, ok. I'll be right here, then.
京晶:噢,好的。那我就在这里等
Mark: Okay, so, let me try this key. Whew! There we go.
马克:好的,让我试试这把钥匙。(发出松了一口气的声音)开了
Jingjing: How about we open some windows, it's awfully stuffy in here.
京晶:我们开点窗户怎么样,屋里简直太闷了。
Mark: Only this one at the end of the room can be moved. Could you hold my coffee for me. I'll try to pry it open.
马克:只有屋子尽头这一扇能被推动。能帮我拿下咖啡吗,我试下把它撬开。
Jingjing: Why don't you put your coffee down on the table. Oh, and where is the projector? Isn't there always one in the room?
京晶:为什么你不吧咖啡放在桌上呢。噢,投影仪在哪儿?这屋里不是一直有一台吗?
Mark: Nah, that's probably locked up in another room. You could give Rick a holler about it.
马克:没有啊,可能被锁在另一个房间里了。你可以联系下瑞克。
Jingjing: I don't have time to hunt him down. Do you know his extension?
京晶:我可没功夫去找他。你知道他的分机号吗?
Mark: Not off the top of my head. Check the directory.
马克:我脑子里想不起来。查一查电话簿吧。
Jingjing: You're not much help, are you?
京晶:你这人有什么用,嗯?
Mark: Well, I only found out about this meeting before lunch today.
马克:那什么,我午饭前才知道有这个会的。
Jingjing: And that didn't stop you from taking a full lunch break, right?
京晶:那也不妨碍你尽情地吃了个午餐啊!
Mark: Nope. I figured people were doing their job, keeping meeting rooms in good shape, and, if not, I could come back after lunch and make it my job—like I'm doing right now.
马克:没。我猜想有人已经在做他们该做的事,让会议室一切都状态完好,如果不是这样的话,我午饭后回来再亲自弄——就像我现在做的这样。
Jingjing: Yeah, thanks for all your help.
京晶:是哈,真的要谢谢你所有的帮助了。
Mark: Are you being sarcastic?
马克:你是在讽刺吗?
Jingjing: Do you have to ask?
京晶:非要问?

New words : 习语短语
have a look-see 仔细查看
look at something, inspect it
hang tough 等等,耐心等
wait, without doing anything and without being impatient
stuffy 窒闷的
a room with no fresh air
pry something open 撬开,费力打开
open something with difficulty
give someone a holler 联系某人,电话呀,信息,亲自去找
contact someone, maybe trying a few different ways (phone, text, visiting)
hunt someone down 到处找找
find someone, especially when you have to check several places
(know something) off the top of my head know 凭头脑记忆就知道,就能想起来
something without looking at printed information
sarcastic 讽刺的
saying the opposite of what you mean, in a mocking tone of voice
2


Dialogue 2
Jingjing: Look, I really need you to get your head out of your backside and change your attitude.
京晶:你看,我真的需要你别再这么假装置身事外了,改变下你的态度吧。
Mark: Hey, it's all good. I'll run and grab a projector, and you can set up things the way you like in here.
马克:嘿,不挺好的吗。我这就去拿投影仪,你可以在这里按你想要的方式来安排事情。
Jingjing: Fat chance! I've got to look over my presentation notes, then chat with people when they come in early. In less than an hour, I'm presenting at the meeting. Set-up is your job.
京晶:没戏!我必须得看我的演讲笔记,还要和早到的人聊天。不到一小时,我就要在会上发言了。安排是你的事!
Mark: Why don't you take a deep breath.
马克:为什么不深呼吸一下呢?
Jingjing: You know what? I'm tired of dealing with you. Get this room ready for the meeting within 15 minutes, or I'll put in a bad report about you. Got it?
京晶:你知道吗?我真的是很厌烦跟你打交道了。15分钟内把房间给我收拾好了!否则,我要汇报你的罪状,听明白了吗?
Mark: That sounds like a threat.
马克:听着像是一个威胁啊。
Jingjing: Well, that's what happens when your work is sloppy. Now, you know what to do.
京晶:当你把工作做得很烂时就是这个结果。现在你知道该做什么了吧。
Mark: Yeah, actually, I do.
马克:是的。事实上我还真知道了。
Jingjing: This end of the room is already set up well. I'm going to open my computer here, and expect everything to be ready in another 10 minutes.
京晶:房间这头已经安排好了。我要在这儿开电脑了,再有个10分钟,期待一切妥当。
Mark: I thought you said 15.
马克:我以为你说的15分钟。
Jingjing: Now it's 14—make that 13.
京晶:现在,14,马上13。
Mark: Okay, okay, Jingjing. I'll see to it. You just sit tight and I'll get this room up to spot.
马克:好的,好的,京晶,我这就弄。你就放心坐等吧,我会把房间收拾好的。
Jingjing: Great. We're done arguing about it, right?
京晶:很好。那我们的争执到此为止?
Mark: Yes. Sorry about the bad attitude. I'll let you focus on your presentation.
马克:是的,抱歉刚才那个很差的态度。这就让你专心准备演讲。
Jingjing: Fantastic. Thanks, Mark.
京晶:好极了,多谢马克。
Mark: Sure thing!
马克:不客气,没事儿。

New words : 习语短语
get your head out of your backside 别再做出无能为力的样子,从现在起做点正确的事
(family-friendly version of “get your head out of your ass”) stop acting incompetently and do things correctly from now on
Fat chance! 完全不可能!
That's not likely to happen!
sloppy 疏忽地,做得很差的,马虎的,潦草的
carelessly and poorly done
sit tight 等等,不用操心,坐等
wait, without doing anything, knowing that something will be done by others

分享到
重点单词
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • carelesslyadv. 粗心大意地,疏忽地
  • actingn. 演戏,行为,假装 adj. 代理的,临时的,供演出
  • threatn. 威胁,凶兆 vt. 威胁, 恐吓
  • sloppyadj. 被泼水弄湿的,泥泞的,多阴雨的
  • projectorn. 放映机(探照灯,发射装置,设计者,制图投射线)
  • extensionn. 伸展,延长,扩充,电话分机
  • tonen. 音调,语气,品质,调子,色调 vt. 使更健壮,装
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • pryv. 打听,窥探,用杠杆撬开 n. 窥探,杠杆,爱打探的