英语PK台(MP3+文本) 第811期: 国庆怎么过的? 烧烤聚会工作宅
日期:2018-10-11 17:43

(单词翻译:单击)

Dialogue 1
Mark: Well, Jingjing, we're back to work for a full week. Did you do anything special during the holiday?
马克:京晶,我们假期归来又要工作整整一周了。假期里你有没有做点什么特别的事情?
Jingjing: Actually, I did. You know those classmates of mine that I met just a couple weeks ago on Mid-Autumn Day?
京晶:实际上,的确做了点特别的。你还记得两周前中秋节时跟我一起聚会的我那些同学吗?
Mark: I remember. Don't tell me you had hot pot again.
马克:记得啊。别告诉我,你们又去吃火锅了。
Jingjing: No. None of us wanted that so soon after last time.
京晶:没有啦。上次吃完以后,我们都不太想马上接着又吃。
Mark: So, what'd you end up doing?
马克:那你这几天是怎么过的?
Jingjing: Well, most days, I stayed home and caught up on work, and lots of housework.
京晶:其实,我这几天大部分时间都宅在家里,忙工作的事情,还做了好多家务。
Mark: What about your classmates—did they help with chores around the house?
马克:那你的那些同学们呢?他们也都帮忙做家务吗?
Jingjing: Of course not! We went out. One of them had a car, and we all drove to a scenic area and had outdoor BBQ.
京晶:当然不是!我们一起出去玩了。一个同学有车。我们一起自驾到了一个景区,然后在那里户外烧烤。
Mark: I'm envious. BBQ is one of my favorite ways to eat. But you don't strike me as a carnivore.
马克:真羡慕你们。户外烧烤是我特别喜欢的吃法之一。不过,在我印象里,你并不是肉食动物。
Jingjing: I'm certainly not a vegetarian. But I went easy on the meat this time. That was hard to do because there was so much of it.
京晶:我肯定不是个素食主义者。但,这次我这次吃肉时还是比较有节制的。可真正做起来没那么简单,因为肉太多了。
Mark: Did your friends order too much?
马克:是你的朋友点的肉太多了吧?
Jingjing: Kind of. It was one of those places where you go get the raw meat from a buffet and then BBQ it on a grill near your table.
京晶:有点。我们去的就是那种你需要自助取生肉,然后在桌子边的烤架上自助烧烤的地儿。
Mark: That sounds like quite the cook-out.
马克:听起来挺像野炊的。
Jingjing: Yeah, we were there for several hours. My clothes smelled like smoke; and I couldn't get the smell out of my hair until the next day.
京晶:没错啊,我们在那呆了好几个小时。我的衣服上全是烟味,而且头发上的味道直到第二天才消失。
Mark: Haha. That's BBQ. Well, it was a good way to spend the holiday with friends.
马克:哈哈,户外烧烤就是这样。不过,这的确是一种与朋友们一起度过假期的好方式。
Jingjing: Yeah, we had a ton of fun.
京晶:对啊,我们玩得可开心啦!

New words : 习语短语
envious 羡慕的
wanting something someone else has, a little mad at them because you don't have it
don't strike me as 你看上去不像一个……
You/She/He doesn't seem to be the a ____.
carnivore 肉食动物
a meat-eater (This word is used in biology, along with herbivore and omnivore, to describe the diet of different species.)
vegetarian 素食者
someone who doesn't eat any meat
1
Dialogue 2
Jingjing: So, Mark, how did you spend your holiday?
京晶:那么,马克,你的假期是怎么度过的呢?
Mark: Like you, I spend a lot of time catching up on work—almost the whole time. But the weather was so nice that my wife and I insisted on going for a hike one day.
马克:跟你一样,大部分时间,不,是几乎全部时间都在忙工作的事情。但,这几天的天气实在太好了,我和妻子决定还是抽出一天时间做了次徒步旅行。
Jingjing: Ha ha. Why am I not surprised? Did you go to the same place as last time?
京晶:哈哈。果然不出我意料!你们还是去的上次那个地方吗?
Mark: You know me. I love hiking. But, no, we tried another mountain. We didn't want to go very far, because of all the traffic.
马克:你太了解我了。我非常喜欢徒步旅行。但,我们这次去了另一座山。我们不想去太远的地方玩,因为十一期间交通太拥堵了。
Jingjing: Yeah, I know. I saw a video of someone who went on a scenic drive; but the only scenery he saw was a big traffic jam.
京晶:是啊,我了解的。我看过一个人拍的视频,他自驾去景区玩,结果看到的风景只有严重的塞车。
Mark: Oh, was that the one where he said he'd rather be in his office?
马克:哦,就是那个说出去玩还不如上班的人吧?
Jingjing: Yeah. Videos like that were reposted a lot during the holiday. Anyway, tell me more about your hike.
京晶:是的。假期里类似这样的视频都会被大量转载。不说这个了,还是多跟我说说你们的徒步吧。
Mark: We got up to the top in two hours. It took us another hour to get down. So, we had plenty of time to eat.
马克:我们不到两个小时就登到了山顶。下山又用了一个小时。因此,我们有大把的时间来吃东西。
Jingjing: Did you have BBQ also?
京晶:你们也户外烧烤了吗?
Mark: Nah. There was a BBQ place, but it was too smoky, and had a big group that was making lots of noise. So, we went to a neighboring restaurant and had farm-fresh food.
马克:没有啦。那的确有一块户外烧烤区,但那里烟熏火燎的,还有一大群人,非常吵。所以我们去了一个附近的餐馆吃了新鲜的农家菜。
Jingjing: Wait a second. What's the name of the mountain you climbed?
京晶:等一下。你们爬的那座山叫什么名字?
Mark: Pheonix Mountain—why?
马克:凤凰山,怎么了?
Jingjing: No way! That's where I was with my friends.
京晶:不会吧!那就是我跟我朋友们去的地方啊。
Mark: Huh? You were the group making so much noise?
马克:啊?!那群吵吵闹闹的人原来是你们啊?
Jingjing: We were a bit noisy at times. You should have recognized me and come over to say hi.
京晶:我们是偶尔有点吵。早知道你要是能认出我来,然后过来跟我打声招呼就好啦!
Mark: Sorry! My stomach was about to cave in.
马克:不好意思啦!我当时肚子都快饿扁了。
Jingjing: No worries.
京晶:没关系啦。

New words : 习语短语
Why am I not surprised? 果然不出我所料!我毫不意外
This is used to express that someone has done something they would usually do, and it is something that not everyone does.
reposted 转发,转载
when someone posts content on social media, but it is not what they created on their own
My stomach was about to cave in. 极其饿,肚子饿扁了
I was totally hungry.

分享到
重点单词
  • striken. 罢工,打击,殴打 v. 打,撞,罢工,划燃
  • socialadj. 社会的,社交的 n. 社交聚会
  • speciesn. (单复同)物种,种类
  • sceneryn. 布景,风景,背景
  • enviousadj. 嫉妒的 adj. [古]好胜的,羡慕的
  • grilln. 烤架,铁格子,烧烤(食物) vt. (在烤架上)烤
  • describevt. 描述,画(尤指几何图形),说成