(单词翻译:单击)
I saw Ben right away through the glass window of one of the small offices.
我从一间小办公室的玻璃窗外立马就看见了本 。
Ben is hard to miss. He has bright red hair and is over six feet tall.
本很难不被注意,他的发色是那种鲜红色,身高有六尺多 。
I walked to the door of the office and Ben looked up from his work.
我走到办公室门口,本从工作中抬起了头 。
"Hey, Derrick, he said when I walked into the office.
“嗨,德里克,”我走进办公室时他说道 。
"Long time, no see. What have you been up to?"
“好久不见,你在忙什么?”
"Hi, Ben," I said. "I've been keeping busy. And you?"
“嗨,本,”我说 。“我一直在忙 。你呢?”
"Oh, I'm much better now that my master's thesis is almost finished," Ben said.
“哦,现在好多了,我的硕士论文快完成了,”本说 。
"I never thought I would get it done. I've never written a 200-page paper before.
“我从没想过我会完成,我之前从来没有写过200页的论文 。
I hope it'll be a long time before I have to write another one!
我希望我还有很长时间写另一篇!
As soon as the dean signs it, it's official. I'm done."
院长一签字就正式生效了,我就写完了 。”
"Well, it was worth it, wasn't it?" I asked.
“嗯,这是值得的,不是吗?”我问 。
"Yeah, and it got me that scholarship to Berkeley," Ben said.
“是的,它让我获得了伯克利的奖学金,”本说 。
"It was worth it in the end, but while I was writing it, I thought I'd go crazy."
“最终还是值得的,但写的时候,我想我要疯了 。”