TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):为什么最棒的雇员并没有完美的简历(3)
日期:2018-09-12 09:30

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

I'm the fourth of five children raised by a single mother in a rough neighborhood in Brooklyn, New York.
我是一位单身母亲五个孩子中的第四个,我们在纽约布鲁克林一个混乱的街区生活。
We never owned a home, a car, a washing machine, and for most of my childhood, we didn't even have a telephone.
我们从未拥有过一个家,一辆车,或是一个洗衣机,在我童年的大部分时间,我们甚至没有一部电话。
So I was highly motivated to understand the relationship between business success and Scrappers,
因此我有很强的意愿去理解生意场的成功和“拳击手”的关联,
because my life could easily have turned out very differently.
因为我的人生很容易就会发展出不同的结局。
As I met successful business people and read profiles of high-powered leaders, I noticed some commonality.
我见过成功的商人,也阅读过具备出色领导能力的人的资料,我发现了其中的一些共性。

为什么最棒的雇员并没有完美的简历

Many of them had experienced early hardships, anywhere from poverty, abandonment,
他们中的很多人经历过早年的困顿,可能是贫穷,被抛弃,
death of a parent while young, to learning disabilities, alcoholism and violence.
亲人的早逝,也可能是学习障碍,酗酒和暴力。
The conventional thinking has been that trauma leads to distress, and there's been a lot of focus on the resulting dysfunction.
传统的思维认为创伤会导致痛苦,而且还重点强调了失败的结果。
But during studies of dysfunction, data revealed an unexpected insight:
但在我研究这些不成功的案例期间,得到的数据却揭示了一个出乎意料的结论:
that even the worst circumstances can result in growth and transformation.
即便是最糟的境遇也能导致成长和转变。
A remarkable and counterintuitive phenomenon has been discovered, which scientists call Post Traumatic Growth.
一个显著但有悖常理的现象已经被发现了,科学家们称之为“创后成长”。

演讲介绍

一个候选人拥有完美的简历,而另一个的经历则充满艰辛,人力资源总监瑞吉娜·哈特利总会给“拳击手”一个机会。作为一个在逆境中长大的人,哈特利知道,那些在黑暗中坚持拼搏的人能够在不断变化的工作状况中表现得更加坚毅。“选择被低估的竞争者,他/她的武器是激情和决心,” 她说,“雇用拳击手。”


分享到