(单词翻译:单击)
About 10 minutes after Professor Dunn left,
邓恩教授离开大约10分钟后,
there was a knock on the front door.
前门传来敲门声 。
Uncle Jeff opened it.
杰夫叔叔打开门 。
"Hi, Professor McQueen."
“你好,麦奎因教授 。”
Uncle Jeff stepped back to let Sydney Morita, my best friend, into the house.
杰夫叔叔退后一步,让我最好的朋友——西德尼·森田进了屋子 。
"Good to see you, Sydney," my uncle said.
“西德尼,很高兴见到你”杰夫叔叔说 。
"Well, I'd better get to work."
“我也很高兴见到你,我得去工作了 。”
He walked into his office.
杰夫叔叔走进办公室 。
I knew that he would start on the new case right away.
我知道他会立即着手处理这个新案子 。
"I wanted to see if you wanted to study for the chemistry test on Friday," Sydney said to me.
“我想知道你是否愿意为周五的化学考试复习,”西德尼对我说 。
Sydney and I have been friends since the third grade.
从三年级起,我和西德尼就成为朋友了 。
Sydney's family lived down the street from me when I was growing up.
小时候,我和西德尼是邻居 。
My father is from Mexico and Sydney's dad is from Japan.
我的父亲是墨西哥人,西德尼的父亲是日本人 。
We just seemed to have a lot of things in common
我们似乎有很多共同点,
and we have been friends ever since.
从那以后我们一直是朋友 。
Now, Sydney is a student at California University, too.
现在,西德尼也在加利福尼亚大学上学 。
"The chemistry test! Oh no! I forgot all about it," I said.
化学测试!噢,不!我把它全忘了,”我说 。
"After the ‘C' I got on the last test, I need to do a lot better on this one."
“上次考试得了‘C’,这次考试我得好好努力了 。”
"That's why I'm here," Sydney said.
“这就是我来这里的原因,”西德尼说 。
"I'll help you study for it."
“我会帮你复习的 。”
"I don't know why you bother," I said.
“我不知道你为什么这么担心,”我说 。
"I'm terrible at chemistry. I'm just hoping to pass the class at this point."
“我化学很糟糕 。我只希望这次能及格”