特朗普每周电视讲话:选择新任法官(2)
日期:2018-09-18 16:01

(单词翻译:单击)

Judges are not supposed to re-write the law, re-invent the Constitution,
法官不该改写法律、改造宪法,
or substitute their own opinions for the will of the people expressed through their laws.
不该用自己的观点替代人民通过法律表达的意愿。
We reject judicial activism and policy-making from the bench.
我们反对司法能动主义和法官决策。
The faithful application of the Constitution is the bedrock of our freedom, the foundation of our society, and the linchpin of our government.
忠实本意地应用宪法,是我们自由的基石、社会的根基、政府的关键。
The American system tasks Congress with writing the laws,
在美国政体中,国会负责草拟法律,
the executive with enforcing the laws, and the judiciary with issuing neutral judgments
行政部门负责执行法律,司法部门负责发布中立的审判
based upon those laws and the Constitution we have sworn to protect.
基于我们宣誓要保护的这些法律和宪法。
In choosing a new Justice, I will select someone with impeccable credentials, great intellect,
在选择新任法官时,我会挑选拥有无可挑剔的资历的、
unbiased judgment, and deep reverence for the laws and Constitution of the United States.
才智超群的、无偏见判断的和忠心尊崇美国法律和宪法的人。
I look forward to making an announcement soon
我期待能尽快做出任命公告,
so that we can further strengthen and protect liberty and justice for all.
这样我们就能为所有美国人进一步加强和保护自由和正义了。
Thank you, and God bless America.
谢谢大家,上帝保佑美国。

分享到