TED十佳演讲之身体语言 拥有大脑的真正原因(9)
日期:2018-08-25 14:53

(单词翻译:单击)

演讲文本

Now I have to admit, these are the worst studies my lab has ever run.
现在我要承认,这个是我实验室里进行过的最糟糕的实验。
Because the tickle sensation on the palm comes and goes, you need large numbers of subjects with these stars making them significant.
因为痒痒的感觉就像昙花一现,所以需要大量的试验者,还只能靠星级来给痒痒的程度打分。
So we were looking for a much more objective way to assess this phenomena.
所以我们需要一个更客观的办法来评估这个现象。
And in the intervening years I had two daughters.
其间几年中,我有了两个女儿。
And one thing you notice about children in backseats of cars on long journeys,
于是关于长途旅行里小孩子坐在后座上,你注意到一件事,

拥有大脑的真正原因.png


they get into fights -- which started with one of them doing something to the other, the other retaliating.
那就是他们会互相掐架--开始于其中一个对另一个动了什么手脚,另一个就要还手。
It quickly escalates. And children tend to get into fights which escalate in terms of force.
然后冲突很快就会升级。而小孩子们之间的冲突升级一般都体现在用力大小上。
Now when I screamed at my children to stop, sometimes they would both say to me the other person hit them harder.
于是我嚷嚷着叫我的孩子们住手的时候,有的时候她们俩都会告诉我,对方下手比自己更重。
Now I happen to know my children don't lie, so I thought, as a neuroscientist,
我恰好知道我的孩子们不会说假话,所以作为一个神经学家,
and it was important how I could explain how they were telling inconsistent truths.
我想我如何解释两人自相矛盾的真话应该是很重要的吧。
And we hypothesize based on the tickling study that when one child hits another, they generate the movement command.
于是我们根据挠痒痒的实验做出了假设,就是当一个孩子打另一个的时候,会生成动作命令。
They predict the sensory consequences and subtract it off.
他们预测出了感知到的结果,然后减掉了。
So they actually think they've hit the person less hard than they have -- rather like the tickling.
实际上他们以为他们下手比真正要轻,和挠痒的道理类似。
Whereas the passive recipient doesn't make the prediction, feels the full blow.
然而那个被打的孩子没有做预测,感觉到了全部的打击。
So if they retaliate with the same force, the first person will think it's been escalated.
所以他们用同样这个打击的力气还手的话,第一个人会觉得力气变大,冲突升级了。

视频及简介

演讲简介

神经学家Daniel Wolpert从一个出乎意料的前提谈起:大脑的进化不是思考或感觉的需要,而是为了控制身体运动。在这个有趣又不乏数据支持的演讲里,沃普特向我们简述人类大脑如何举重若轻地创造出灵活的身体运动姿态。


分享到