(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
Question: I was fascinated by your story about the 1998 MTV Video Music Awards,
问:我很喜欢你在1998年MTV音乐录影带大奖的颁奖典礼上的故事,
where you went in that famous dress to make fun of ogling.
就是你穿着那件着名的连衣裙恶搞抛媚眼的情形 。
Answer: It was a middle finger, yes.
答:我的确是在鄙视他们,没错 。
It was a first appearance after the sexual assault.
那是我在性侵事件后的首次亮相 。
And I was like, Is this what you motherf-ckers want to say? Let's go.
当时我是觉得,你个XX养的是想说这个吗?那我们就说!
Question: And yet it was completely—
问:但你的意思完全被……
Answer: Misinterpreted. Global slut-shaming.
答:被误解了 。全世界都开始对我进行“荡妇羞辱” 。
Question: Is there a way that women can own their sexuality without being sexualized?
问:有没有办法可以让女性在性行为上能够自己做主而不被性别化呢?
Answer: Yes. Own it. Tell them, “Stop it.”
答:有 。你就自己做主 。告诉他们,“停下 。”
I got so tired of how I speak.
我已经十分厌倦我说话的方式了 。
I was like, “I can’t do this individually anymore. I can’t. I have to live my life.”
我当时就想,“我再也不能一个人这样了 。不能 。我得过我自己的生活了 。”
I have an album coming out, the other half of the book.
我的专辑马上就要出了,那张专辑可以说是这本书的另一半 。
And (the documentary) Citizen Rose is part of the plan.
还有我的(纪录片)《公民罗斯》也是计划的一部分 。
They all started three years ago, very much on purpose.
这些作品都是我三年前就开始筹备的,而且是带有很强的目的性 。
I was like, O.K., I’ve got three years that I want to devote to this cause.
当时我是觉得,行,我有三年的时间,来做这件事 。
Then I want my life back.
我想要回我的生活 。
Question: You say that you belonged to two cults ...Answer: Three, if you talk about society.
问:你说你属于两个邪教......答:三个,算上社会的话 。
Question: You were born into the notorious Children of God,
一是你出生在信上帝的家庭里,
but why do you call Hollywood a cult?
但你为什么说好莱坞也是邪教呢?
Answer: It’s the same language.
答:因为好莱坞说的也是同一种语言 。
The messaging was the same—all the messages, really, that are handed down to women.
教导也是一样的,传给女性的所有的教导都是一样的 。
The Man is telling you what he wants.
也就是男人告诉女人他想要什么 。
It’s a propaganda machine.
这是一台宣传机器 。
All the Trump voters, they’re right about Hollywood.
所有支持特朗普的选民,他们对好莱坞的看法都是正确的 。
Their impression of it is completely spot-on.
现实完完全全就是他们印象中的那个样子 。
Ironically, they can’t see what’s happening in their life, and their own cult.
讽刺的是,他们却无法看清自己生活的真相,以及他们自己信的邪教 。
Question: You were put in rehabilitation after trying LSD once.
问:你试过一次LSD后就被送进了康复中心 。
You were homeless.
当时你无家可归 。
You had an eating disorder.
还饮食失调 。
Do you worry that you inherited some of your dad’s mental-health problems?
你有没有担心自己是遗传了父亲的心理健康问题呢?
Answer: Of course.
答:当然有了 。
The only thing that runs in my family is the urge to destroy oneself.
我们家唯一的血脉联系就是毁灭自己的冲动 。
It’s a very strange thing when your own brain wants you to die.
你自己的大脑想你死其实是一件很奇怪的事情 。
Final Question: People are beginning to say that #MeToo has gone too far,
最后一问:人们开始说#MeToo运动变得极端了,
that bad dates are now being called assaults.
糟糕的约会都被说成是侵犯 。
Final answer: Bad dates might be assaults.
最后一答:糟糕的约会可能会变成侵犯 。
How does that person judging from the outside know what’s inside of a girl?
仅仅从外表判断,你怎么知道女孩儿在想什么呢?
We have collective Stockholm syndrome.
我们都有斯德哥尔摩综合症 。
And the amount of female misogynists is epic.
厌恶同性的女性的数量又何其多!
重点讲解
1. fascinated by 被……吸引
It had been Adolf Ogi's idea for me to get involved in the event and I was fascinated by the idea on the spot!
能够参加这次活动,完全是因为阿道夫 。奥吉他的想法,而我立刻就被他的想法吸引了 。
2. make fun of 取笑
He would make fun of her, and all of his friends would laugh in her face.
他会寻她开心,而且他所有朋友也会当面嘲笑她 。
3. on purpse 故意
If you joke with him he'll think you are insulting him on purpose.
如果你同他开玩笑,他会认为你有意侮辱他 。
4. devote to 一心一意做……
The last two years of Maxwell's life were devoted to caring for his invalid wife, although he too was ailing.
麦克斯韦在生命的最后两年,虽然自己身体也不好,却一心一意地照顾卧床不起的妻子 。