英语PK台(MP3+文本) 第756期:天了噜 教你做红烧肉
日期:2018-07-12 16:35

(单词翻译:单击)

Dialogue 1
Mark: Hi Jingjing. Did I bring the right stuff?
马克:嗨! 京晶。我把原料都带对了吗?
Jingjing: Let's see: green onions, cooking wine, dark vinegar. Yeah, I think those are all the things I need but don't have.
京晶:看看:小葱,料酒,黑醋。是的,这些都是我需要但没有的东西。
Mark: You have the meat already, right?
马克:你已经有了肉,对吗?
Jingjing: Yes, I bought it fresh this morning. Oh, let me run to the kitchen and take it out of the pot. It was only supposed to boil for one minute.
京晶:是的,今天早上我刚买的,新鲜的。噢,让我赶紧去厨房把它从锅里拿出来。按理只需要煮一分钟。
Mark: Ok, so catch me up here. What have you done so far?
马克:好的。告诉我,到目前为止你都做了些什么?
Jingjing: Well, I just cut the pork belly into cubes and boiled them for a little while. Now I'm draining the water off and heating this pan to sauté the pork.
京晶:嗯,我只是将五花肉切成方块,稍煮了片刻。现在我正把水滤掉,加热这个平底锅来稍微煎炒一下肉。
Mark: I thought it had to be cooked on a really high heat.
马克:我以为它必须用高温烹煮。
Jingjing: No, just enough to sear the juices in. You don't want to brown it or burn it. I'm adding a little salt and chili here, as well as a few Sichuan peppercorns.
京晶:不 。只需热到轻煎不要让汁液浸出就行,你可不想把它烧焦了。我在这里加了一点盐和辣椒,以及一些四川花椒。
Mark: And later you'll transfer it to that clay pot there, I bet.
马克:然后过会儿你会把它挪到那边那个锅里,我猜。
Jingjing: Exactly. That's why I have the empty pot over a tiny flame.
京晶:没错。这就是为什么我在一个小火上放了空锅。
Mark: Timing is everything.
马克:掌握时间就是一切。
Jingjing: You said it. Help me to empty this into the clay pot, will you?
京晶:十分正确。帮我把它倒进砂煲里,好吗?
Mark: Sure. Want me to wash the pan now?
马克:当然。要我现在洗锅吗?
Jingjing: No. Set it back down over the bigger flame. I'm going to use the remaining oil to make a brown sugar sauce.
京晶:不。把它放回去,转大一点的火。我要用剩下的油来制作红糖酱。
Mark: I guess you'll want this brown sugar.
马克:我猜你会想要这种红糖。
Jingjing: Thanks. Once this starts to sizzle, I'm going to add a drop or two of that dark vinegar. So, get the bottle open for me, will you?
京晶:谢谢。一旦这开始嘶嘶响了,我会加一两滴那种黑醋。所以,先给我打开瓶子,好吗?
Mark: Sure.
马克:当然。

New words : 习语短语
boil 水煮熟
cook something in very hot water catch me up describe what you've done so far
drain 滤掉水
keep solid ingredients but get rid of the liquid
sauté 轻炒,轻煎
fry something on a low or medium heat
sear 高温使外部烧焦
cook something on a high heat, so that the outer surface makes a seal
brown 烤焦
overheat something so that it turns brown (still edible)
burn 烤焦
overheat something so that it turns black
transfer A to B 把A挪到B处
take something out of one pot and put it into another pot (or serving dish) (more often used for one part of a dish while still cooking)
empty A into B 把A清空放到B
take something out of one pot and put it into another pot (or serving dish) (more often used for mixed ingredients or soup)
sizzle 嘶嘶作响
food cooking in oil at a high enough heat to make a sound

去去
Dialogue 2
Jingjing: Ok, here goes the sauce into the clay pot. Just in time. The pork at the bottom would have started to stick in another minute. Now, where'd I put the cover.
京晶:好的,现在把酱汁放进砂煲里。正及时。底部的猪肉将在一分钟后开始粘住。现在,我把盖子放哪儿了?
Mark: Is this it?
马克:这个是吗?
Jingjing: Yes. Gimmie. Ok. Now we have plenty of time. Since I have two chopping boards, would you use this one to cut the ginger into slices. Once your done, throw it right into the pot.
京晶:是,给我。好了,现在我们有充足的时间,因为我有两个切菜板,你可以用这个板把姜切成片吗。切完后,将它扔进锅里。
Mark: You got it.
马克:没问题。
Jingjing: Where's the cooking wine you brought.
京晶:你带来的料酒在哪里?
Mark: I put it to the left of the stove. The bottle's open already.
马克:我把它放在炉子左边了。瓶子已经打开了。
Jingjing: Good thinking. Ready with that ginger.
京晶:脑子好使。准备好那个姜。
Mark: Uh, yeah, if these slices are enough.
马克:呃,是的,如果这些姜片足够的话。
Jingjing: I'll just use half of them. Take the cover off the pot. I'll add, first the cooking wine, there; now the ginger; and, finally, these green onions.
京晶:我只会用一半。从取下锅盖,我会加,首先是料酒,然生姜,最后,这些葱。
Mark: Are you going to add anything else?
马克:你还要加其他东西吗?
Jingjing: You know what? While we have the pot open, let me drop a little soy sauce in there.
京晶:你知道吗?当我们打开锅时,我会放少许酱油。
Mark: It smells great. How long do we have to wait before eating?
马克:闻起来很香。我们要等多久才能吃啊?
Jingjing: Um, 45 minutes. It should be ready in about 20.
京晶:嗯,45分钟。应该20分钟后就好了。
Mark: I can wait 45 minutes. How about we watch some FIFA highlights I downloaded? I brought my iPad with me.
马克:我可以等45分钟。要不我们先看一些我下载的FIFA世界杯精选?我带着我的iPad呢。
Jingjing: Why don't you try plugging it into my TV set. I'll take care of these dishes and join you in the living room in 5 minutes.
京晶:为什么不试下接入我的电视,我先看着这些菜,5分钟后在客厅见。
Mark: It's your TV. I don't wanna break it. Let me do the dishes.
马克:这是你的电视。我不想弄坏它。让我来洗碗吧。
Jingjing: Ok, great. Grab a drink from the fridge on your way to the living room later.
京晶:好的,太好了。一会去客厅时从冰箱里拿杯饮料吧。


New words : 习语短语
pork belly 五花肉
oil 油
salt 盐
chili 辣椒
(red, spicy pepper can usually be called “chili”, unless it has a distinctive flavor—as with chipotle) (simply calling something “pepper”, in British and American English, makes people think of black
pepper 黑椒)
Sichuan peppercorns 花椒
brown sugar 红糖
ginger 姜
cooking wine 料酒
dark vinegar 老醋
soy sauce 酱油
green onions 小葱
Chinese onions 大葱

分享到