(单词翻译:单击)
This Great Big Story was made possible by P&G. Love Over Bias
感谢宝洁对本期伟大的故事的大力支持,超越偏见之爱 。
I'm Eric Mason, I'm a mother, and I'm a transgender guy.
我是艾瑞克·梅森,我是一名妈妈,也是跨性别男性 。
Corey is my 15-year-old transgender daughter.
科瑞是我的女儿,15岁了,也是变性人 。
I started transitioning almost two years ago, and Corey started transitioning almost five years ago.
我大概是两年前做的手术,科瑞大概是五年前 。
I've always known that I was different. I've always known that I'm not the “normal” boy.
大家一直都觉得我跟别人不一样,觉得我并不是一个“正常的”男生 。
I was never like, happy, I was always negative.
我好像从来都没有开心过,一直都很消极 。
When I first put on some make up, I was like...wow .
第一次涂上化妆品时,我的反应是……哇!
My family is made up of me, my husband, and my five children.
我们家有我,我老公,还有我们的五个孩子 。
I waited, um, until Corey was completely through her transition before I, I, came out myself.
直到科瑞手术彻底成功之后,我才对自己的性别感到释然 。
It was really hard keeping that secret from my family, especially from my husband.
要对家人,尤其是我丈夫保守这个秘密真的是太难了 。
But, at the time I just knew I had to focus on my child.
但是那个时候我知道我必须把注意力全部放在我孩子的身上 。
I've been bullied since fifth grade and still getting bullied sometimes.
我从五年级就开始被同学欺负,现在偶尔也还是会被欺负 。
When kids said I should go and kill myself, because I was different,
其他孩子说我和大家不一样我应该去死的时候,
I'm sorry.
抱歉,我失态了 。
When my mom came out I was like, I'm not alone anymore.
当我妈妈勇敢地改变自己的性别的时候,我觉得我不再孤单了 。
We can actually understand what we're going through with each other,
我们能够理解对方的感受,
we can, you know, talk to each other if we're having a bad day.
如果哪天不开心我们也可以找对方倾诉 。
Me supporting Corey is, in my opinion, what you're supposed to do as a parent.
在我看来,我对科瑞的支持在大家看来不过是父母的应尽之责 。
You're supposed to support your children no matter what.
不管发生什么使,父母都应该支持自己的孩子 。
So I don't feel like I did anything special, I didn't.
所以我并不觉得自己做了什么特别的事情,并没有 。
I just love my kid.
我只是爱我自己的孩子 。
I love my kid no matter what she looks like, no matter who she wants to be.
不管她长什么样,也不管她想成为什么样子,我都爱她 。
We are stronger as a family.
在一起,我们变得更坚强了 。
I think any time you are living your authentic self and you are living your truth,
我觉得,只要你遵从自己的内心,活出真我,
it makes you a better person overall, it makes you a better parent, it makes you a better spouse.
你就会越来越优秀,就能成为一个优秀的父母,优秀的配偶 。
My family is everything.
家庭就是我的一切 。
We fight, we laugh, we cry, we're a typical family.
我们也会吵架,会笑,会哭,我们家也是一个典型家庭的样子 。
We just look a little different.
只是看着不太一样罢了 。
That's it! That's all it boils down to.
仅此而已,归结起来就是这么一点 。