康复理疗太枯燥无趣了 不如来玩游戏吧!
日期:2018-04-19 14:27

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

When I was growing up, I really liked playing hide-and-seek a lot.
在我小时候,我很喜欢玩躲猫猫的游戏。
One time, though, I thought climbing a tree would lead to a great hiding spot, but I fell and broke my arm.
有一次,我找到了个最佳藏身点--爬到树上去,可是我掉了下来,摔断了胳臂。
I actually started first grade with a big cast all over my torso.
我身上打了一个巨大的石膏固定,就这样开始了我的小学一年级。
It was taken off six weeks later, but even then, I couldn't extend my elbow,
六周后,石膏拆掉了,然后我的手肘没法伸直了,
and I had to do physical therapy to flex and extend it, 100 times per day, seven days per week.
我必须通过复健理疗来弯曲和伸直手臂,每天100次,每周七天。
I barely did it, because I found it boring and painful, and as a result, it took me another six weeks to get better.
我基本上没有做到,因为我觉得又无聊又痛苦。结果,我又多花了6周时间才好了些。
Many years later, my mom developed frozen shoulder, which leads to pain and stiffness in the shoulder.
许多年以后,我妈妈患上了肩周炎,这种病会让人肩膀疼痛和僵硬。
The person I believed for half of my life to have superpowers suddenly needed help to get dressed or to cut food.
这个我信仰了半辈子的、以为有超能力的人,突然间,需要人来帮她穿衣服,帮她切开食物。
She went each week to physical therapy, but just like me,
她每周都去做复健理疗,可她跟我一样,
she barely followed the home treatment, and it took her over five months to feel better.
在家的练习总是不好好做,她用了5个多月才好起来。
Both my mom and I required physical therapy,
我妈妈和我都曾经历复健理疗,
a process of doing a suite of repetitive exercises in order to regain the range of movement lost due to an accident or injury.
这一系列不断重复的练习过程,能帮助患者重新恢复受伤部位的活动能力。
At first, a physical therapist works with patients, but then it's up to the patients to do their exercises at home.
刚开始,会由一位复健理疗医师指导帮助患者,接下来,就靠患者自己在家继续练习。
But patients find physical therapy boring, frustrating, confusing and lengthy before seeing results.
可是患者发觉复健治疗枯燥无味,令人沮丧,而且摸不到门道,见效还很慢。
Sadly, patient noncompliance can be as high as 70 percent.
很遗憾,不好好做复健的病人比例高达70%。
This means the majority of patients don't do their exercises and therefore take a lot longer to get better.
也就是说,大部分的病人都没有完成复健练习的要求,因而也就需要更长时间来恢复。
All physical therapists agree that special exercises reduce the time needed for recovery,
所有的复健理疗师都同意,特殊的锻炼可以减少康复所需要的时间,
but patients lack the motivation to do them.
可病人就是缺乏动力去做好它。
So together with three friends, all of us software geeks, we asked ourselves,
我和三个朋友一起,我们都是程序猿,我们问自己,
wouldn't it be interesting if patients could play their way to recovery?
如果让病人玩着游戏就康复了,这是不是挺有趣的?
We started building MIRA, A P.C. software platform that uses this Kinect device,
我们开始写MIRA,这是个PC机上的软件平台,使用Kinect感应器
a motion capture camera, to transform traditional exercises into video games.
一种动态捕捉摄像头,将传统的复健练习转化成视频游戏。
My physical therapist has already set up a schedule for my particular therapy. Let's see how this looks.
我的复健理疗师已为我设好了理疗计划。我们看看它是怎样进行的。
The first game asks me to fly a bee up and down to gather pollen to deposit in beehives, all while avoiding the other bugs.
第一个游戏要我操作一只蜜蜂飞高飞低采集花粉存进蜂巢。同时要避开其他的昆虫。
I control the bee by doing elbow extension and flexion, just like when I was seven years old after the cast was taken off.
我通过伸直和弯曲手肘来控制蜜蜂,就和我七岁那年拆了石膏后的情形一样。
When designing a game, we speak to physical therapists at first to understand what movement patients need to do.
设计游戏时,我们首先和理疗师们探讨,弄清楚病人需要做哪些运动。

康复理疗太枯燥无趣了 不如来玩游戏吧!

We then make that a video game to give patients simple, motivating objectives to follow.
然后我们再把它做成视频游戏,让病人能有简化的目标,激励他们持续练习。
But the software is very customizable, and physical therapists can also create their own exercises.
这个软件可以根据客户要求定制,理疗师们也可以建立他们自己的理疗训练。
Using the software, my physical therapist recorded herself performing a shoulder abduction,
使用这个软件,我的理疗师录下了她自己做肩部伸展的运动的过程,
which is one of the movements my mom had to do when she had frozen shoulder.
这是我妈妈患肩周炎接受治疗时,其中一个必须做的练习动作。
I can follow my therapist's example on the left side of the screen,
我可以看屏幕左边,跟着理疗师做动作,
while on the right, I see myself doing the recommended movement.
在屏幕右边,我可以看到我自己的动作。
I feel more engaged and confident,
这样我觉得更有信心,也更投入,
as I'm exercising alongside my therapist with the exercises my therapist thinks are best for me.
因为我有理疗师在身边陪着,练习着她认为我最应该做的复健动作。
This basically extends the application for physical therapists to create whatever exercises they think are best.
这基本上扩展了理疗师们的治疗手段,让他们可以建立任何他们认为恰当的复健练习。
This is an auction house game for preventing falls, designed to strengthen muscles and improve balance.
这里是一个拍卖会游戏,作用是预防跌倒,它能强壮肌肉和提高平衡感。
As a patient, I need to do sit and stand movements, and when I stand up, I bid for the items I want to buy.
假设我是病人,我需要完成坐下和起立的动作,当我站起来时,我就出价一次,竞标我想买的。
In two days, my grandmother will be 82 years old,
还有两天,我的外祖母就满82岁了,
and there's a 50 percent chance for people over 80 to fall at least once per year,
80岁以上的老人们有50%的几率,一年会跌倒一次或者更多次,
which could lead to a broken hip or even worse.
这会让他们摔伤髋部,或者更糟。
Poor muscle tone and impaired balance are the number one cause of falls,
缺乏健康肌群和平衡感变差是造成跌倒的头号原因,
so reversing these problems through targeted exercise will help keep older people like my grandmother safer and independent for longer.
所以通过设定目标的锻炼来扭转这一状况,能够让像我祖母一样的老人们更加安全和独立。
When my schedule ends, MIRA briefly shows me how I progressed throughout my session.
当我的疗程结束时,MIRA能够显示纪录概况,告诉我自己在疗程中的全程表现如何。
I have just shown you three different games for kids, adults and seniors.
以上我向大家介绍了三个不同的游戏,分别适用于儿童、成人和老人。
These can be used with orthopedic or neurologic patients,
它们同样可以被应用在骨科或是神经系统的病患身上,
but we'll soon have options for children with autism, mental health or speech therapy.
但我们很快还会有其他的游戏来帮助治疗患有自闭症、有心理疾病或是有语言困难的儿童。
My physical therapist can go back to my profile and see the data gathered during my sessions.
我的理疗师可以进到我的个人档案,查看我在训练过程中系统所采集的数据。
She can see how much I moved, how many points I scored, with what speed I moved my joints, and so on.
她可以看到我运动的情况和我得了多少分,我在每个得分点之间运动的速度怎样。诸如此类。
My physical therapist can use all of this to adapt my treatment.
我的理疗师可以将这一切数据应用于我的治疗中。
I'm so pleased this version is now in use in over 10 clinics across Europe and the U.S., and we're working on the home version.
我非常高兴的看到,目前这版软件已经在欧美的十多个诊所得到运用,我们正在研发家庭版。
We want to enable physical therapists to prescribe this digital treatment and help patients play their way to recovery at home.
我们希望能使理疗师们开出这项游戏复健的处方,以帮助病人们在家治疗,在游戏中迈向康复之路。
If my mom or I had a tool like this when we needed physical therapy,
以前我妈和我在做理疗的时候,如果有这样的软件,
then we would have been more successful following the treatment, and perhaps gotten better a lot sooner. Thank you.
我们按照要求做锻炼会恢复得更好,康复进程也许会快得多。谢谢大家。
So Cosmin, tell me what hardware is this that they're rapidly putting away?
Cosmin,说说这是什么硬件,怎么这么快就可以拿走了?
What is that made of, and how much does it cost?
它是用什么做的,大概要花多少钱?
So it's a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 for the demo, but you just need a computer and a Kinect, which is 120 dollars.
演示所用的是微软的Surface Pro 3笔记本,但其实你只需要一台电脑和一个大概120美元的Kinect。
Right, and the Kinect is the thing that people use for their Xboxes to do 3D games, right?
好的,Kinect就是人们玩Xbox时,用来玩3D游戏的那个设备,对么?
Exactly, but you don't need the Xbox, you only need a camera.
就是那个,但你不需要用到Xbox,你只需要一个摄像头。
Right, so this is less than a $1,000 solution.
好的,所以这是一个成本低于一千美金的解决方案。
Definitely, 400 dollars, you can definitely use it.
肯定的,只要四百美元,你就可以运行它了。
So right now, you're doing clinical trials in clinics. Yes.
那么现在,你们正在各诊所里做临床版本的试运行?对。
And then the hope is to get it so it's a home version and I can do my exercise remotely,
那么我们就希望一切顺利,然后再有家庭版本,我就可以在家里进行自由练习了,
and the therapist at the clinic can see how I'm doing and stuff like that.
而理疗师坐在诊所里就可以看到我怎么练习的,诸如此类。
Exactly. Cool. Thanks so much. Thank you.
完全正确。太棒了。非常感谢。感谢您。

分享到
重点单词
  • solutionn. 解答,解决办法,溶解,溶液
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • regainv. 恢复,重回,复得
  • applicationn. 应用; 申请; 专心 n. 应用软件程序
  • movementn. 活动,运动,移动,[音]乐章
  • particularadj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的 n. 个别项目
  • mentaladj. 精神的,脑力的,精神错乱的 n. 精神病患者
  • prescribevi. 规定,开药方 vt. 规定,命令,开处方
  • transformvt. 转换,变形 vi. 改变 n. 变形